Skip to content

Ask an Expert High millage on sportsbike Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > High millage on sportsbike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

matt79

Jul 11

matt79 says:

High millage on sportsbike

Hi people

Im looking to get back on the road after a 2 year break i am looking at 600 sportsbikes for around £3500 t0 £4000 i am quite interested in a very clean  zx6 05 model 1 owner fsh but has done 26000 miles should i be concerned about the millage and keep looking be greatful for advice.:wacko:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 July 2011 07:02)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Mileage

That mileage works out to be just over 4,000 a year, which is not that much above average so I would not class that has high mileage.  Maybe it looks high compared to some sportsbikes but that it because a lot of them are Sunday toys.  Therefore it's probably more accurate to think of them as low mileage rather than the bike you are looking at as having high mileage. 

As with any bike, as long as it has been well looked after it should be OK.  You have the advantage of having seen the bike so will be able to see its general condition.  I would want it to be clean with lots of life in the consumables and a full service history. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

price

As M.M.says (thought i`ll let you answer first),that bike your talking should be £3,000 max at a dealer with a month warranty or £2,500 max private.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I sold my immaculate zx636 on an '06 plate with 18,000 miles on the clock for £3,300.

There are cheaper, lower milage bikes out there than the one you are looking at for that money. But like it has been said, that sort of milage is average.

I got a 2000 R1 at the moment which when I bought it in March had 37,000 miles on it. Its now up to 43,000 and the motor still sounds sweet and doesnt miss a beat.  As long as they have been looked after, regular oil changes, they will go forever and a day. Unless its a Triumph. They just blow up for no reason anyway.

Unfortunately now is not the time to be buying. Sell in the summer, buy in the winter.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

mileage.

26k is NOT a high mileage.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale