Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner doubts 1000cc bikes will increase overtaking MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner doubts 1000cc bikes will increase overtaking

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner doubts 1000cc bikes will increase overtaking

MotoGP world championship leader Casey Stoner fears the switch to a 1000cc format for 2012 will not increase overtaking and make racing a much more exciting spectacle than the current 800cc bikes. With more horsepower and more torque available with the new generation 1000cc machines, fans are hoping more overtaking opportunities will arise. But Repsol Honda rider Stoner, who heads into this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 July 2011 11:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Interesting isn't it

That Stoner is viewed so differently in other news sources outside of the UK .

That the UK fans have not picked up on Stoners comments re: Anglo riders getting a rough deal with Dorna et el.

That MCN hasn't got a campaign going to get more Brit riders into the main game by getting more bikes on the grid for Brit riders ( the Spanish have got that one well sorted).

That there is a large group of fans here who would rather be dismissive of a successful rider than put there efforts into getting more Brit riders onto the grid.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

formatting

Any tips on how to keep comments formatted, cheers

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

@kqb333: no, not a Brit phenomenon.... here in America we also think Stoner is a jumped-up wanker who doesn't know what he's talking about. I think we are equal opportunity critics and have carefully thought about it and, yes, he's a dick head.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

cthwaites

when you say 'we', i assume your talking about yourself and a few mates who only care about what happens off the track.. or do you know everyone in America ?

It's a shame Casey is beating your home crowd hey ?

I just cant understand, what are we all watching Motogp for ? the press conferences ? interviews ? no, i personally watch it for the racing, unlike some.

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

cthwaites

Couldnt agree with you more cthwaites...

Casey great rider...at the moment....

But has an arrogant beyond belief morbid personality

Go the USA!!!

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

@Yamaha3358: yes, of course I'm speaking for all Americans...and Canadians and quite a lot of Mexicans too. What? Do you think we would rush to judgement on the "Casey as bollocky, would probably shit himslf on a CR500,  numpty" rashly? We don't just invade anybody you know.

and he's not beating the "home crowd" that wd be difficult as most of the crowd is stationery. He is however beating the home "team" (Sp/Edw/Hay)...that's prob what you meant.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Hope

cthwaites Sorry mate but i know alot of canadians and like the rest of us they wouldnt agree on anything an American would say

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

What is A Merry Can??? Oh yeah those 80's has beens who quit racing GP's when they turned into girlie 4 strokes. Well mainly because none of them could beat Matt Mlah-done until Spies came along. Thank god.... that was getting embarrassing! Litre bikes will suck and normal service will be resumed next year, just more back markers if the teams can find organisations silly enough to sponsor them!

Reply to this Topic
therightstuff

Feb 09

I wish vouguebloom would off

FFS, this is a motocycle forum or is meant to be.  All the argueing and advertising is ruining this site.

I bet the girl don't even get and business from here as I don't click on it out of principle

Reply to this Topic
therightstuff

Feb 09

I wish vouguebloom would off

FFS, this is a motocycle forum or is meant to be.  All the argueing and advertising is ruining this site.

I bet the girl don't even get and business from here as I don't click on it out of principle

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices