You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Ladies 1 Pc Suits

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

becko

Jul 11

becko says:

Ladies 1 Pc Suits

Right well I've basically been searching for a good ladies 1 pc suit for trackdays etc and must say its been ridiculously difficult to get one in a small size.

I didn't want a fashion for fashions sake type suit which a lot of the ladies ones seem to be; limited armour etc and swirly patterns which make them 'feminine'.

I did however find a nice BKS one, reassuringly heavy, armour in all the right places, racing hump the lot. I wanted black with white but its discontinued since the supplier Frank Thomas went bust and all that, so I've ended up with white with black. The fit is spot on, very tight but comfortable and I know it will give. I'm slender so no worries with seeing unpleasant bulges.

Photo of same suit here

I must admit though, I normally wear all black and I feel like a bit of a berk. If I was on a white bike I wouldn't feel so bad, but my bikes black and red. I get looked at enough being small on a bike, don't really want to be laughed at into the bargain for looking like a stormtrooper :lol:

I know its vain, sue me, but its a lot of money if I feel a bit daft... trouble is I haven't found any serious alternative contenders. I've kind of answered my own question here havent I... but anyway....

Any thoughts on ladies wearing all in ones in white? I know most blokes think its a bit gay on men, how about women?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 July 2011 15:55)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

becko

I think the BKS suit looks great,however if your any thing like me with white,jeans,t-shirts.Ill have it on 5mins and ill have some thing down the front of it.I suppose what I'm saying is its going to be hard to keep clean.Id wait to find some thing in black.(safer):biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Ladies Suit

There's no problem with that colour other than the fact that the white leather will not look so good once it starts getting dirty.  It wiill probably look tattier than it is.

Only the FT mass-produced side of BKS went down with Frank Thomas.  The original company split, are independant again and still making made-to-measure suits.  If you contact them they may be able to help in the colours you want.  Alternatively Scott leathers have a made-to-measure and semi-custom fiitting service also.  I have a set of their leathers and they are really impressive.

Good luck.

Reply to this Topic
becko

Jul 11

becko says:

Suit

Thanks for the advice.

I was in touch with BKS custom made side of things but the cost is just too much sadly!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

becko

Oh come on!!!!  When has cost ever stopped a girly getting a new outfit? 

:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
becko

Jul 11

becko says:

haha

funny, and true... but sadly theres a limit! Too many bike goodies and projects all needing some love! :)

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

1pc for little ladies

wor lass is a tiny 5ft, size 8, with size 4 feet.

She's having trouble finding a quality 1pc suit...she's even looked at kids bike wear..baby bikers.

The only option I reckon, is either buy a small one, and get it tailored, or pay for a made to measure.

either way, it's going to cost.....

HELP HER PLEASE?......and save me some $$$

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

HEAY..

FOUND THIS, FROM THE STATES

UNDER £200 PLUS P+P.??

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

The white and black BKS suit

looks quite classy to me, not too bling, and after all black or white colours will go with most bikes, there's also something to be said for the lighter colours on a trackday when you're likely to be getting warmer than you would on the road, from exerting yourself climbing about over the bike more. At least, I found black supermoto leathers a bit warm on track at times :laugh:

With some decent cleaning solutions kit and post cleaning leather food you should be able to keep them looking respectable :smile I guess it all depends if you've already bought them or not! 

NHB, there's some good companies around to modify leathers and some to avoid from what I've seen! There's a company around Norwich way had good reports from the supermoto racers.
Not sure whose up your way apart from Scott leathers who've had a bad press of late on the made to measure delivery times etc. 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Try

Harpersraceshop.co.uk and get a set of custom Wolf  leathers,you wan't regret it.:wink: money well spent imho.

Reply to this Topic
Rob1000RR

Jul 11

Rob1000RR says:

suits nice!!

hey Becko,does it really matter that you will be able to tell every species of fly on it without having to look to hard? just make sure you got a good leather cleaner for when you get of track or other commuters will think you got a 3d fly trap suit!!:mellow::wink::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle