Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo confirm Motegi boycott MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo confirm Motegi boycott

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo confirm Motegi boycott

Current MotoGP world championship leader Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo have confirmed today that they won’t attend the Japanese MotoGP race in October, regardless of whether an independent inspection declares the area around the Twin Ring Motegi safe. Repsol Honda rider Stoner and factory Yamaha rider Lorenzo could face the wrath of their Japanese employers after both made it clear that...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 July 2011 22:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jmt256

Jul 10

jmt256 says:

WTF?

Someone should explain to them that racing motorcycles at over 200 mph is a couple million more times likely to kill or hurt them than spending 4 days in Japan.

Reply to this Topic
hobes

Mar 09

hobes says:

Its not like the Japanese falsified paper work and did not complete all the checks that they where supposed to do or anything like that to cause part of this nuclear incident I guess you could believe their independent report. Bravo for CS and JL having the gumption to stand by their convictions. Couple of smart guys with big balls IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Synchronised Paranoia?

It is true that the Japanese have a tendency to deny, deny, deny ... and then confess and commit hara-kiri.  But I think Jorge and Casey are being illogical in their boycott of Motegi.  The dangers are literally infinitesimal compared to the racetrack they live on, and the only good thing about both of them not going will be that neither gains from the others' ignorance, and maybe it gives Andrea and Dani a sniff of the championship.

So as long as they go or don't go together, it is a case of "Whatever!".

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Kudos to the 2.

Those lying Japanese bastards. Never trust them.

1. Cattle fed contaminated hay sent to five prefectures.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110717a1.html

2. Fukushima: It's much worse than you think, Scientific experts believe Japan's nuclear disaster to be far worse than governments are revealing to the public.

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/features/2011/06/201161664828302638.html

3. Quake Hits Central Japan, No Nuclear Reactor Problem Reported

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110715-706763.html

4. Nuclear radiation exposure concerns mount for mothers Japan.

http://womennewsnetwork.net/2011/07/13/nuclear-radiation-mothers-japan/

Japan is on a fault line, and therefore is a danger that's continual. Japan is unsafe. Period!!!!. Screw Japan. Which rider wants to be told they have to battle cancer 5 to 10 years from now. That would make them all less than 40 years with their death dates known. Screw Japan.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Just think....

....if enough riders boycott Motegi then Rossi and Ducati might get a win in Honda's backyard.....hollow victory maybe?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Milkybars....

I'd just love to see your browsing history, it's obvious your interests are varied and wide-ranging.... :)

Reply to this Topic
Jimbo269

Mar 11

Jimbo269 says:

Wrong

What a bunch of pussys!  And Milkybar, get a life buddy.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Applause

I think they're right not to go to Japan , as supportive as I am intellectually of the Japanese people , I wouldnt trust their reports . Jorge and Casey fear Cancer or Radiation damage and I can't blame them for not going I wouldnt go either.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Mmmmmm

Will they remove the "With you Japan" logo from the bikes for the Germany race then, as they are clearly not with them.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Might be a chance for Rossi to get a podium finish there then

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle