Skip to content

Discuss This All-new Triumph Daytona 675 spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > All-new Triumph Daytona 675 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

All-new Triumph Daytona 675 spied

This grainy picture is the first ever shot of the new Triumph Daytona 675. It was one of four pictures – including a much clearer side-on shot you can see in tomorrow’s MCN – taken by an MCN reader near Triumph’s Hinckley factory. As you’ll see in tomorrow’s paper, the 675cc inline triple sportsbike has undergone a comprehensive overhaul – the underseat...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 July 2011 12:50)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Idahojudgebuster

Oct 05

I agree with the other readers that Triumph should build a big bore Daytona,However If it is going to be competitive witjh the various 1000cc fours out there it will need a new engine. The old 1050 Triple is fine for a  liter class naked street fighter,. But to be competitive power wise for an all out full faired  sport bike it will need more displacement and possibly more revs as well! An all new Triple with wider bore spacing would allow for 1125 to 1200cc  displacement and a higher redline as well. I think it is high time the 675 had a big brother!

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

Big Bore Daytona

I agree too, a big bore daytona would be fantastic to the british market. As said before in MCN in costs nearly as much now to build a roadbike supersport machine as a superbike.

I may be wrong but are triples allowed to run up to1100cc in accordance with WSB rules?

Also with the high japanese prices at the moment it may be the right time.

Reply to this Topic
speedtriplecouk

Jun 11

Not Bad, but...

...it really ought to have a big brother!

I don't really agree that it needs to beat all others in the class.  Triumph are famed for 'going their own way' and should produce a real 'riders' big Daytona for the road - people would buy it!

Dom

www.speedtriple.co.uk

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

sleek

No underseat exhaust. This'll be interesting.

Looking at some of the other comments, a Daytona 1050 seems to be in demand.

Having ridden the 2011 Speed Triple, I felt it had a sports bike feel to it in the way it handeled. If Triumph added a fairing, changed the bars and gearing they could have another new bike for the market at relatively low cost in terms of development.

Then, when the 1200 triple motor is ready, they would have another two new bikes for the market in a Speed Triple 1200 and Daytona 1200. 

Still, the story is about the 675 and it'll be good to see it in the flesh. The current one isn't ugly!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Idahojudgebuster

Oct 05

Triumph needs to be competitive!

Triumph has "gone their own way" but they need to be competitive too! British bikes in the late 1960s and early 1970s were phenomonally cool and practically reeked of character, especially  compared to their bland appliance like Japanese counterparts. But they had stopped being competitive performance wise with the Japanese and the British motorcyle industry went down the toilet. As a proud Anglo Sxon and Brit bike fan I would hate to see this happen again! A big Daytona needs an engine that can stand toe to toe with the 1000cc fours!

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

and let me guess, its going to be the best supersports around, just like the current 675, which has achieved fuck all in competition terms, its only wins the roadtests because its british... anywya, rant over, the bike looks good, hopefully the quality is a little better..

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Competion

@kwakanuts: 90% of us never drive their SuperSport on a circuit. What the f*ck does it

interest me if one SuperSport is 0.5 sec faster on a circuit then the other,

or does achieve anything in competition terms (like the Ducati 848 for example, ha).

That's only interesting for people with small ego's and or penisses.

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

BBQdog

i think you mis-understood my point, the point i was trying to make is, in every bike magazine (british ) that have compared the current crop of supersports, the 675 has come out on top in all of them, and in my eyes its simply because its a british bike, clearly its not the best of the bunch. thats all im saying...

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

OK, understand your point. The 675 blows up easier on the circuits

but I think the powercurve of the 675 is much more usefull on small

backroads then 4-cilinder 600's. I only wish the seat wasn't that high on the 675.

Reply to this Topic
ExiledRedBaron

Jul 09

Kwakanuts

The comments from you about the Daytona being judged the best only because it's British are completely wrong. I've been living in Germany for many years and the Daytona has been voted the best in it's class by all the German bike magazines ever since it came out. Given that the Germans normally never give credit to anything British I think this clearly proves that Triumph got it completely right (and you're completely wrong).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices