Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha cautious on Jorge Lorenzo’s Motegi boycott plan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha cautious on Jorge Lorenzo’s Motegi boycott plan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha cautious on Jorge Lorenzo’s Motegi boycott plan

Yamaha has said it is too early to decide what action could be taken against reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo if he honours his vow not to ride in the Japanese Grand Prix in October. Lorenzo has been adamant that he won’t travel for the Twin Ring Motegi race on October 2 because of fears about radiation levels following the extensive...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 July 2011 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Throw a sickie George, nobody will argue when you say you're premenstrual. PMT is powerful tool. OH YES.! :>)

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

PLEAES OW PLEASE

Sack this gimp!

make an example of him or take all of his points away, dont know which would make me laugh more.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

PLEAES OW PLEASE

Sack this gimp!

make an example of him or take all of his points away, dont know which would make me laugh more.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

PLEAES OW PLEASE

Sack this gimp!

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Yup! Sack him...

sack them all! How can they even sit on Japanese bikes and not even wait for the findings before making their decisions? Pure arrogance...

Truth is, they've already had a bigger dose of radiation from the Sachenring than there currently is in Mito, not to mention they'll probably get on average, more doses via the plane trips they make! http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011/07/19/motegi_motogp_radiation_doses_explained.html

"There are better ways to support Japan" - Casey Stoner (paraphrased). Really Casey? Cos to me, it just sounds like a big FU middle finger to the Japanese people who are responsible for the machine you ride and ultimately pays your wage.

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

so why the hell have all the teams got the "with you japan" stickers on the bikes when they won't even take the trouble to bring some much need revenue to one of the closly affected areas?  i really dont think that Dorna/ the Japanese govmt would put A, the teams, B, the riders, C, the Fans at the circuit at risk! 

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Comments please Mr Emmett!

Of course the DORNA commissioned 'independant' review will not be influenced in any way, shape or form to help Caramello meet his kpi's!

If anyone's ever been suspect of the outcomes from 'independent audits' in their own workplace, then you'll know what I mean!

Stick to your guns Georgey, change your mind if you're comfortable with your decision, it won't matter, because the journalists have brainwashed the haters into believing a Radiation Burger with lashings of Plutonium Sauce, washed down with a Caesium Isotope Milkshake is the lunch of champions!

Not that the haters need a lot of convincing!

Reply to this Topic
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Very Apt Message, Not...

How classic is the message on the fairing of J-Lo's bike, of course what it should read is "Thinking of you Japan" but from a distance !!!!!! It would really funny if either Casey or J-Lo were actually bluffing the other one into not going to Motegi and suddenly appeared ( complete with face mask of course) to grab a bag full of points....

Reply to this Topic
indiekid1986

Jul 11

indiekid1986 says:

Agree.....kind of

I do agree in a way with Jorge and Casey. I won't go putting myself at any risk (forgetting of course that racing is probably the larger of the two risks). However due to the fact that 90% of the grid ride Japanese bikes I can see anyway of them getting out of riding without getting either a major point deduction for refusing to race or getting the boot. However I doubt very much that Yamaha or Honda would sack Jorge or Casey. I think in all honesty the race will go ahead with a full grid. Some of the Ducati riders may not race but even that is pretty unlikely.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
attiberi

Jul 11

attiberi says:

Radiation Levels in Japan

If any of you want to know the serverity of the radiation levels in Japan, please checkout this website that shows real-time readings across the main island of Japan (Honshu).

http://atmc.jp/

The site is in Japanese, but what is important is the map and the balloons.  To put it in perspective, Motegi is 100kms directly west of the big red bubble, and the radiation levels within 30kms of Fukishima are still very dangerous.

Trust me when I say I check this site every day as I live in Japan!  And just this week the government has come out and told us that the radiation levels in Japanese beef are not safe for human consumption.  

It is not good, and I am with the riders.  I live 250km's away from the reactor and I would not be spending 4 days within 100km's of it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices