Skip to content

Discuss This Kevin Schwantz surprised at Valentino Rossi’s Ducati struggle MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kevin Schwantz surprised at Valentino Rossi’s Ducati struggle

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kevin Schwantz surprised at Valentino Rossi’s Ducati struggle

Kevin Schwantz has spoken of his surprise that Valentino Rossi is struggling so much to master Ducati’s Desmosedici in 2011. The 32-year-old arrives in California this weekend on the back of his worst result of the season in Germany last weekend, where Rossi could only muster a lowly ninth after qualifying second last. The nine-times world champion has struggled to fix a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 July 2011 12:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Bultoboy?????????

I think its perfectly relevant to the subject. Schwantz is expressing his surprise at Rossi's lack of speed on the Ducati, and by implication Stoner is the yard stick to which all others are measured, as he was the last guy to go fast on it. As Guareschi says (not me) Stoner is happy to ride a bike to the limit even if it is not right, whereas Rossi prefers to make the bike right before riding at the limit. Apparently the bike isn't right yet. No need for hysterics.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I think whats happened is that Caseys and ducati fans have got used to have a couple of wins at the end of the year so that is what they are still aiming for. However considering the backward trend I am uncertain as to whether Ducati would have maintained that 4 place this year. Dovi is much stronger than Casey was last year. Rossi/jb, currently without the help of ducati or rather refusal to try anything but the current layout for commercial reasons, are trying to build a bike that can challenge for the title, something neither Casey nor ducati had any real experience off,(2007 was out of the blue and looking at 2008 was largely down to the bs tyres). In short doing a Casey whilst no doubt quicker than Rossi it would still be nowhere near enough to fight for th e title. Change needed and until Ducati accept it they can piss off and Rossi should go to Honda where he would guarantee them the title and more besides.. that's the truth of it..

Reply to this Topic
scatterbrained

Oct 09

Supermario, Preziosi (the guy who designs the bike), had essentially said he built a fast bike and it wasn't his fault that only Casey could ride it fast. As far as he was concerned the bike wasn't the problem, it was the riders.  Both Casey and Nicky had the same complaints as Rossi but were esentially ignored.  Casey was able to ride around the problem, but he had to hang it all out there to do it, Rossi however either can't or won't do it, but to somehow say that makes him smarter or better than Casey is a very weak argument.   Rossi has a lot of star power and brings a lot of money with him; Ducati can no longer keep their heads in the sand, the pressure is on them to produce results so they are throwing everything they have at the problem (except maybe some fresh perspective).

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

As stated before

my original post was a direct quote from Vittoriano Guareschi (the guy that runs the race team) please address your post to him as you know so much about it. I'm sure he'll be deeply interested.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

what manufacturer needs him

and at what price, i bet ducati wish they could have a refund !

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Supermario and Eddy

I'm no Rossi fan and I'm well aware of what Stoner achieved on it and that no-one else has come close to riding it like he did. I'd like nothing better than to see him do a few laps on it this weekend, just out of interest, but they may have to prepare a dark room for Rossi to lie down in afterwards...

However, in this topic, bringing up what Stoner did or didn't do in his time at Ducati will just turn it into another round of garbage slinging between the Rossi / Stoner hate brigade. That's all I meant. Look at every other topic.

What Ducati are doing now with Rossi and Hayden is irrelevant in respect of Stoner / Rossi comparisons. It is already a different bike (both the GP11 and GP11.1) from the one they started the season with.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugelean...

... I think Ducati fans are used to having an Alien class rider doing fast laps & battling for the lead. Stoner may have crashed a few times but he gave the fans something to cheer for... & I was completely unaware that JB & Rossi built bikes... what are they going to call them & how much?

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

weird

why does hugelean always have to turn it into something bitter why post you hate stoner you say it every bloody week.someone the other day said you need therapy he,s not kidding!

also supermario dont just quote the negatives of todays mcn i bought it and reading about rossi and the changes made and still he doesnt  know were to turn. apart from changing the frame and if that doesnt work? then  not many options left.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

HUGELEAN

''Change needed and until Ducati accept it they can piss off and Rossi should go to Honda where he would guarantee them the title and more besides.. that's the truth of it.''.

A joke right?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

You think Suppo and Casey left because things were going great, they were less successful every season, happy with less and less and this year, a podium seems to be the goal so long as they can keep the layout and cf.. That's batshot anywhere but in Casey world.. This is one of the few fans site out there where actual fact is reacted to with astonishment.. No Rossi doesn't make motorcyles but a sculpture needs good clay. raceystacey which bit?? You think Rossi can't win on the honda or you think the dukes a great bike?? either way that's hopelessly deluded..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices