Skip to content

Ask an Expert Kinroad XT125-16 Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Kinroad XT125-16

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dedge10

Jul 11

dedge10 says:

Kinroad XT125-16

I am wanting to buy a new bike custom/cruser type one that keeps poping up to is the kinroad XT 125-16, I know this is a cheap chinise import, but would like to know if these type of chinise bike have improved over the years, what engine is this based on  reliability over all. I like the style of this bike and for the money around £800 new you get what you pay for, any info on this bike would be great. here is some pic of tis bike

Attached images:

1. 1  
  2. 2  
  3. 4  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 July 2011 08:49)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

chinese

As you say,you get what you pay for,try and get one with at least 12 months parts/labour warranty and you`ll be lucky. 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Chinese bikes

A bike made in China will be less reliable, have poor build quality and it's resale value will drop like a stone.  They are better than they used to be but still not good enough to be a viable proposition. You will be better off spending the same amount on a used Japanese machine. As Jaffa says, you get what you pay for.  Taking depreciation and servicing/repairs into account a Jap bike would probably be cheaper in the long run.     

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Chinese Cruisers

The Jinluns from a few years ago had a following and I`m pretty sure Chinese machines are improving all the time . That price of £800 does seem cheap compared with the equivalent offerings from Llexeter which is a well established Importer .Look at their offerings , the Pioneer Torro for £1150 and their Lexmoto Ranger for £1400 , they are the latest models imported . Be prepared to be handy with the polishing cloths, as if neglected Chinese chrome can go rusty quickly .

The price of that bike is less than the price of a Yamaha rear mudguard quoted in MCN this week .That Kinroad certainly is a head turner .If it lasts 2 years and you have to scrap it you won`t have lost much . You try and get a decent part-ex for any Jap bike after a few years and you find most would have lost over 50 % .

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Cruiser

Have a look at the Sinnis site , they are a well established Importer and their machines are sold by Dealers that wouldn`t normally touch Chinese machines . The Vista 125 Custom is similar to the Kinroad , although it is £1595 with a year`s parts and labour guarantee .Sinnis machines are based on Suzuki design and they also build Scooters for Peugeot . The Sinnis Matrix 2 Scooter at £1299 is the same as the Peugeot Sum Up at £1800 .

Reply to this Topic
dedge10

Jul 11

dedge10 says:

THX

THX for all your comments,  It is a vey nice looking bike though, but looks are and can be deceiving i will still continue to look around, at the moment i have an Aprilia habana 125 Scooter (03) on ebay they are going for around £400 £800 mark, I'm not really a scooter person, so this will go soon then money towards my custom cruiser type,  :lol:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Superlight Limited

Last Saturday I was in an Aprilia Dealer and there was a new matt black Keeway Superlight Cruiser there , brand new for £1995 .It was matt black all over , including the pipes , the wheels however were in gloss black .

It looked stunning and is a limited edition , at least no chrome to keep cleaning . It is on the Keeway site .

Reply to this Topic
dedge10

Jul 11

dedge10 says:

XT 125-16

I have managed to get the XT 150-16 not a 125 but 150cc very cheaply well it holds me about £120 as i repair pc and laptops etc, so i did a deal gave him a repaired laptop for bike, very good condtion 07 plate, as it a 150cc i want to change it to 125cc, The engine thats in is a CG125 single bore push rod type with twin exaust ports. Would a old CB 125 twin fit this or are cg and cb diferent mounts etc

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dedge10

Jul 11

dedge10 says:

engine change

I it does fit does any one no were or have a Cb124t engine from a honder CB125T Superdream:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
kitspartan

Jul 11

kitspartan says:

Imported Bikes

I have a motorcycle business and we work on all manner of bikes and trikes and sometimes even a car :-(.

It's a fantasy that Jap bikes have a higher build quality and are better value. I hear rubbish like "is it one of those cheap imported Chinese bikes or is it Japanese?". Japan is further away than China!

I have along career in Engineering and Quality Assurance and fail to see any real difference between what comes through the workshop. 

We only have one bike that was made here, a 1935 Dunelt 250 special.

The Chinese now produce and buy more motorcycles than any other country and are moving on to bigger machines with more modern technology. The economies of scale that they have allow them to keep the cost down.

I judge each bike on it's merits, not where it was made. Unfortunately Jap bikes are not designed with servicing in mind and this therefore shows in any copies the Chinese  have made, so blame Japan for that. With so many alternatives to Jap bikes I expect the Chinese to both copy the better aspects of them and maybe even bring some new designs to the mix.

What I would love to see is some British designed and engineered bikes, AJS are doing that already and they are built in China. 

Remember this: the jap bikes stole the market with cheap imports in the1970's. There were some classics admittedly but mostly they were not.

dedge10, if you like Kinroad, the service parts are affordable and it has good spares/dealer backup then buy it. 

I hate the word cheap, we all want value for money right? 

Reply to this Topic
dedge10

Jul 11

dedge10 says:

Kinroad

kitspartan Thankyou for your comment

I enjoy riding this it seems and handles like a bigger bike which i love  the only problem i have now is when i got it one of the valve's were closed and could not get above 48mph so i adjust them to the correct tolerance, but a have a rackling noise now and is not coming from the valvle, i think it may have damaged something else. any ideas would be great

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices