Skip to content

Products Arai Quantum Helmets

You are in... Forums > Products > Helmets > Arai Quantum

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Arai Quantum

Arai Quantum, £399 at www.mcnshop.comMiles covered/time: 15,000/one year What’s good: This Quantum lid replaced an older Arai Viper GT for one reason only; the Viper had basically worn out after years of riding and tens of thousands of miles. The comfort is top notch, the security of the shell is the same as the range-topping RX-7GP but does without the noise-generating...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 July 2011 15:06)

Post a message in Helmets

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pch1

Aug 05

pch1 says:

Arai - Motodirect

I have an Arai Quantum (one month old) and took a light spill and lightly grazed the helmet on the road (most contact was through my shoulder) whereby an area of paint the size of a 5 pence coin has been lifted. I contacted Motodirect to enquire about having the helmet inspected and their response was: Hi Paul, Thank you for your enquiry Unfortunately this is not a service that we can offer. Also please be aware that we would not recommend the use of any crash damaged helmet and would always advise replacing. Kind regards Jill Broughton What annoys me is that Arai don't know, or aren't interested to find out the extent of damage to the helmet before passing judgement. I was under the impression that Arai used to offer this service, or I would have expected that kind of service from what I thought was the industry's leading helmet manufacturer? If after Arai had inspected the helmet and advised me to replace it, then fair enough, but not to inspect it at all and advise me to replace it is a bit cheeky considering the amount of money I spent on this particular helmet and Arai over the years. Am I expecting too much, or have other consumers experienced similar with Arai?

Reply to this Topic
Bootstrap

Sep 12

Bootstrap says:

Re: Arai - Motodirect

An impact enough to take off that much paint will have damaged the helmet enough to write it off no matter what. I cannot remember if it is Arai or Shoei (maybe both) that offer helmet scans at motorcycle shows to check the condition of your helmet.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices