Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Stoner steals victory from Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Stoner steals victory from Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

US MotoGP: Stoner steals victory from Lorenzo

Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda) stole an impressive fifth win of the season from Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) at Laguna Seca. Lorenzo made a strong start and led for the majority of the race, whilst Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa clung on to second until eventually conceding to team mate Stoner, being passed through the corkscrew on lap fourteen. Stoner then closed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 July 2011 23:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Too much, too soon!

Flossi a victim? Oh dear.

FlossiDuckBiter, you need to learn subtlety if you intend on being a true wind up merchant! Trying to fit every angle you can think of into one post just makes you look desperate. Cheers Dan (the only bloke I know that makes an EN125 look like a full sized grown ups bike!) Hahaha...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

2 things -

Hugelean - "it is a shame that both Jlos and Danis injuries were not their own fault."

JL's injury was down to the fact he forgot that his traction control wouldn't click in if he didn't down shift... a bit like riding off with your ABS light flashing then relying on it at the next corner... entirely his fault & more than a little bit embarrassing... & Pedrosa's injury has mostly been felt that he was at least partly to blame for it even by Simo's harshest critics

Wosidog - "We'll no doubt see him start blobbing it soon, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and living up to his reputation before they're done."

The same Casey that's won 5 out of 10 races & has not been off the podium (without being forced off it) this season now he's on the Honda... some reputation!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Amazing Stoner

That race hopefully puts to rest once and for all the notion Casey can't cut it in a fight. The pass on Pedrosa at the top of the corkscrew showed absolute dedication to the cause and class of the highest order. He then goes and betters it with the pass on Lorenzo, going round the outside on the fastest part of the track, and then still managing to pull it up! Plonkers like RDB46 and his mate Wosi, really need to get a grip on the reality of the situation. Agreed, Lorenzo wasn't at full fitness, but he certainly didn't use that as an excuse to diminish Stoners achievements yesterday - he openly admitted Casey was just too strong for him and I doubt had he not had the crash, the result would have been the same. Stoner is on the top of his game and I suspect only an injury will stop him winning the championship this year...

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Steals ??

Steals ?? Deserves ! One of the best passing moves I have seen, and that from the outside. 

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Awesome race

That was a great race, and as usual the only ones who didn't enjoy it are the Stoner haters. Everyone knows who they are.

Lorenzo was riding with such precision even with injury it was amazing. Dani rode well but couldn't quite match JL and Stoner showed his skill with both passes.

To the one eyed watchers who claim the Honda was faster to pass JL ,obviously need to open both eyes as it had been obvious that Stoner was able to out brake JL before turn 1 but did not have the speed to get into a passing position. Then when JL made a small mistake entering the straight and couldn't get on the gas as hard as usual I thought Stoner may have a chance, but to go around the outside was amazing.

I also saw that Nicky looked pissed off with Rossi, maybe he isn't allowed to pass the golden boy. 

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

for once

Stoner didn't ry to piss off at the start but kept in touch and saved his tyres for the end when the fuel load came down. Injury excuse for Lorenzo but not for Pedrosa as he won in germany with no sign there of any injury slowing him. Team orders at Ducati ? it's possible but I doubt it this early in the season, probably Nicky was pissed that Rossi put a bad move on him somewhere during the race that the cameras didn't pick up.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

that could be it Steve

He does have a history of trying to hide poor sportsmanship during a race by staging an extravagant show of it on the post-race cameras.

Reply to this Topic
DucatiMatty1974

Apr 11

What a race!!!!!

Having watched the race coverage again from the BBC, even when he was in 3rd place, Stoner was lapping quicker than both Pedrosa and JLo. Also he was later on the brakes and quicker on the throttle than the others. He played a good game of tactics this race as he saved his tires for later in the race. I think even if the both Pedro and JLo were at full fitness Stoner would have taken it.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

stole what?

i would not call it a steal far from it, or even been mugged is far from it, clever race plan and deserved win, gutsy ride from jorge, after  the crash, should be a good back half of season.not many finishers again tho!!! ben what a waste of a ride, moto gp needs a overhaul asap.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Ducati Team Orders

Okay, so i do not think there were team orders at Laguna(not sure though), but you have to ask yourself..
at the end of the season, do you really think Ducati are going to let Hayden finish number 1 rider in that team ? No chance. There's only 10 points between them, thats nothing, so come the end of the season i won't be surprised if we see a glum looking Hayden finishing less than a second off Rossi in a few races. I heard on crash.net though that speed.tv picked up Hayden saying 'they wouldn't let me pass him' but hey, until i see it published it's probably bollocks.

As for the pointless and extremely bitter rantings of LorenzoYamBiker(yes he no longer supports Rossi), i'll not bother replying. You had me cracking up after the part about 'Honda had team orders' again! get a grip you bloody idiot. Your just looking for a reaction and i hope no one gives you the satisfaction. Have yourself a good day :)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices