Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Poor run continues for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Poor run continues for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Poor run continues for Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow suffered another bitterly disappointing MotoGP weekend after he crashed out in the early stages of yesterday’s US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca. The British rider was trying to stay in touch with factory Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista in a battle for 10th when he lost the front-end of his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machine at the second corner on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 July 2011 09:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Is his riding style to blame? as no one else has reported front end problems with the M1.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Everybody has reported front end problems with the 2011 M1. This is the main reason why Lorenzo has switched back to what is thought to be a 2010 chassis to get more feel. Edwards too has complained about the front end feel but has relied on experience to grind out some results.  Cal is obviously suffering from a confidence crisis at the moment but I don't hink it his his style alone that is to blame.

I'd be interested to know if Tech 3 have the full 2011 chassis the same as the factory or if they have  a 'mix n match'  collection of new and old parts on their bike, as it certainly looks to be suffering more than the factory Yamahas this year. 

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

This is not knocking Cal but,

Toseland had better results in his stint in Moto Gp , so those who continue to kick James whilst he`s down chew on that ! Personally I think Tec 3 are the test team for the factory sqaud and Cal would have done better at a different team .Just my opinion or though so dont slaughter me thanks .

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Don't even try that excuse superbol

Tech 3 is the best satellite team this year, was the best last year, and the best the year before that. All you have to do is look at Colin who is the top satellite bike in the championship this year. No other satellite rider has been on the podium this year and Colin would have had 2 if his bike didn't quit on the last lap in Jerez. Tech 3 was the only satellite team to podium last year as well. There is nothing wrong with Tech 3 and they easily the best satellite team. I'm not "slaughtering" you but the results are the results and the results say Tech 3 are the best. Cal is the one who isn't holding up his end.

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Superbol...

Well said! Toseland has a lot of 'knockers' on here for some unfathomable reason and Cal whilst obviously trying just isn't cutting the mustard in the class yet! I wish he would but I fear he won't with that team, but I don't think he's gonna get any longer than JT to prove himself??

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

Toseland/Crutchlow

The common theme is that they are British and I believe Dorna contribute finance to any team who take a British rider I don't know how much it is but it is enough to keep a team like tech 3 interested in getting a Brit rider. I think the BBC showing coverage of motogp hinges on it. There is so much politics in motogp and JT was a victim of it in my opinion because Yamaha saw a big future for Ben Spies and he only had the option of a non factory team to get into moogp.Not sure how long a contract Crutchlow has? Whether the next rider they get is British may add to my theory (Bradley Smith?) :-)

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

tech 3

great team but run by yamaha they tell them who to put on the bike colin will be with them for as long as he wants to stay.A few reasons he is a good bet he finishes the race doesn't crash much  and is a nice guy.

tosland deserved his shot he was a world champ it was natural progression and in his first season he was the best of the rest alot of the time.

cal he is a good rider but for me he is not good enough yet he should have stayed in wsbk and won that first.

brits tend to get 1 chance not 2 or 3 or 4 ie tiger tony.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

RawDawg

Yes lets look at Colin. Where was he in the race before Cal fell, oh thats right - BEHIND Cal.

To qoute Colin "It wasn't the best setting but at least I felt comfortable to a point where I could push for some decent lap times. I just lacked front and rear grip. I've never ridden so hard in my life but I was a second off the pace and when [team-mate] Cal went down in front of me, there was no way I could go with Bautista."

Like Cal even this seasoned vet with all his experience is suffering from grip problems with the Tech 3 bike. He even says in the crash.net article that they've taken a wrong turn somewhere with the bike.

So, if you have BOTH riders within a team with the same bike problem then just maybe there is an issue with the bike.

I see you've also used the 'if' scenario with Colin with regards his bike breakdown, wasn't that the race where 'if' Cal hadn't fallen he would've bagged third and if Spies hadn't fallen neither would've got the podium. Or what about Assen where 'if' Cal's front tyre had held together he would've got a good result and in front of Edwards.

If only, eh.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

the difference in "if" DoomedDot

is RIDER ERROR and MECHANICAL error - guess which one was Cal, Simo, Rossi, and Ben and which was Colin in Jerez?? And the actual point I was making you have proven it for me. Cal was in front of Colin in Jerez, yesterday at Laguna , and I believe Mugello as well - so how can the blame be placed on Tech 3?? If he has a bike that places in higher in the order than his teammate in QP and higher in the first half of the race than who fault is it that he doesn't finish higher than his teammate? Tech 3? The bike? I think not. If Colin is finishing races than so should Cal.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

The difference

Yes there was a difference to how the race ended for each rider at Jerez but it still dosen't change the fact you used the 'if only' scenario. What's to say that Colin wouldn't of binned it? Ifs, buts and maybes and all that.

Regards the Tech 3 bike, are you saying there isn't a problem even though Edwards himself has said there is? And God forbid a rookie rider should have some offs (even in the wet?) while finding his way in MotoGP. What's that saying - You can teach a fast rider not to crash but you can't teach a slow rider to go fast - or something like that.

Crutchlow has the pace to be in MotoGP and i don't believe he's just suddenly forgotton how to bring home the good results he was accomplishing before his off at Silverstone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices