Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Launch control issue proves costly for Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Launch control issue proves costly for Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Launch control issue proves costly for Ben Spies

Ben Spies fought back superbly from a nightmare first lap to score fourth place in front of his home crowd at the Laguna Seca circuit in California. Spies dropped back from fourth on the grid to seventh after his Yamaha YZR-M1 made a sluggish start off the line. Spies later revealed his bike had cut too much power off the line with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 July 2011 09:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

BS

Your right wrist should be your launch control, they should get rid of this bollox

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Meh

Even if he did have the right settings, he didn't have the pace for Dani, Jorge, and Stoner. Catching Dovi was good and he finished were he should have.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

disappointed

I havent seen anyone have the pace of the front riders. Even at their so called "home" track I dont think the American riders have the pace ever. I guess I just want to see someone else at the front.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Incredible ride.

By Ben to shut down a gap of over 5 seconds was impressive he is a demon on worn tyres.

Go Elbowz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Fair play BS

but you wont be in the same league as CS-DP-JL for a while yet, but the best of the also rans!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

hey elbowz, part 1 of my prediction has come true .... roll on Indy.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Spies!!!!!!!!!!!

If, but and maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have we heard it all before!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Indi

I reckon he'll have a podium there, especially looking back at his 2010 performance and the experience he has there. I defientely expected him to be closer to the front here at Laguna.

Looking at the bigger picture though, Spies has been a dissapointment this year, yes it is only his 2nd full season but he is in a factory squad and i doubt they are happy with finishes outside of the top 3. I'm not saying he's making excuses, but from what he's said he does seem to have bad luck an awful lot.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Seriously ...

Where are these immature, hateful comments comming from?

What has Ben Spies done to you, or anyone else for that matter, that causes you to make such statements.

Is he the problem, or is it something within you?

Think about that before you answer please.

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

podium finish

If Spies had a better start, I reckon he could have gotten 3rd due to Dani's fitness causing him to fall off the lead pack in the latter part of the race. Obviously I'd love to see Spies have better performances, but I'm being patient. The one race this year that spies had a good start he Won it. Every other race there has been some issue or the other, especially with slow starts. I'll reserve further judgement for when he consistently has great starts but falls off the pace mid-race (like simo is doing now) Simo starts fast, but goes backwards and spies stars slow but gets faster. Now we wait...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices