Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Front-end woes continue for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Front-end woes continue for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Front-end woes continue for Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi admitted that an on-going front-end issue with Ducati’s factory Desmosedici prevented him from improving on a distant sixth position in the US Grand Prix yesterday. The Italian got the better of a race long duel with Ducati team-mate Nicky Hayden but he was still a massive 30-seconds behind Casey Stoner, who romped to his first win at Laguna Seca...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 July 2011 10:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

team orders!

Never in a million years!
Anybody read what Hayden said about the race on Moto GP.com?

Reply to this Topic
danouklis

Apr 08

danouklis says:

no team orders or anything like that

check out the times lap by lap Hayden was alaways loosing a couple of tenths here and there.....

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

had a look at the laptimes, hayden and rossi seem evely matched, give or take a few tenths, except for laps 29 and 17 these were noticable, because rossi lost aound 3- 4 tenths, maybe the near crashes hayden spoke of.

haydens fastest lap of the race was following rossi who was on his fastest lap of the race, which in turn was faster than haydens..

it seems the ducati as a bike is limited, i mean hayden and rossi were really trying in that race,rossi's gp11.1 was bucking and rooing like mad.#

i think we will see a frame similar to the one on the 07/08bike if i remeber righly that was a alloy trellis frame, or will ducati delve into the world of deltabox hmmmmm

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Team orders....

Of course we will never know, but I don't think there were any team orders at play there. Its not F1. To me the look on Nicky's face when Rossi went over to him in the garage, was more of an angry look like Rossi had run him out wide or something when Nicky tried to pass on the final lap. I'm sure it was nothing intentional though, just how it is in the heat of battle with everything to play for....well, 6th pace!

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

A 3 week break

Lets see if Ducati will take their head out the sand and design something that works. Whatever it is the Japanese use .. use that.

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

Nicky and Rossi

Just to clear up the whole Hayden thing, he said on motogp he wasn't happy because he's won at Laguna before, so he's not all that chirpy about 7th. And he actually said to Rossi, 'it's my home race, you cudda let me by!' in a jokey way. No massive conspiracy, sorry to ruin it for all the people ready to nail Rossi to the wall. Peace.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Neverking

It was never going to be more than that and it was plain to see there was no bad feeling between the two of them... It is just the gossiping women on here trying to beef up a story and make something out of nothing to stick yet another knife in... It's the norm round here!

Reply to this Topic
mezzer

Jul 11

mezzer says:

questions gotta be asked of ducati

Why has it taken until now for them to consider ditching the carbon frame?

Stoner and Hayden have both complained of the feel from the front end for years but Ducati never took much notice of them really, not "the doctor" is saying exactly the same thing and suddenly Ducati are listening to what one of their riders is saying...... piss poor

I thought Haydens winning days were over because I was sure he wouldnt get a decent ride in motogp ever again, now if Ducati do build a bike which Rossi wants I am sure Nicky will be able to ride the thing and give Rossi a run for his money!!

Hayden motogp champion next year on a alloy framed Ducati anyone??

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Mezzer

Hayden motogp champion next year on a alloy framed Ducati anyone?? LOL

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

LOL.

Hayden is a good rider but MotoGP champ next year on an alloy framed Ducati but one thing is for sure the 1000s will suit his style of riding.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices