Skip to content

Products What's holding my tyre to the rim? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > What's holding my tyre to the rim?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What's holding my tyre to the rim?

Q. Why does the rear wheel of a motorcycle not spin within the tyre? A great emphasis is placed on maximising tyre grip against the road surface, so why do the wheels not spin inside the tyre - the point, you would expect, to be of the lowest resistance, especially when you consider that lubrication is normally applied when fitting...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 July 2011 18:01)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Basheratbp

Jul 07

Basheratbp says:

Tyre selection

Totally agree with the comment on 'Recommended Tyres'. If you look at the Pirelli tyre web site and put in the Honda Blackbird they have no recommendations for the Honda Blackbird, if you go on the Michelin website for the same bike the only recommendation is the Power Pure. I can only assume that these are the only ones they ‘Type’ approve and as such how would your insurance company react if you had non recommended tyres on? Interesting thought eh! Another thing to keep an eye on is tyre pressures, if you fit a non OE tyre check the fitment guide pressure setting.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices