Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner standing firm on Japanese Grand Prix boycott MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner standing firm on Japanese Grand Prix boycott

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner standing firm on Japanese Grand Prix boycott

Casey Stoner has hinted he won’t back down on his refusal to attend the re-scheduled Japanese Grand Prix, despite being told by Honda management they expect him to honour his contract and race at the Twin Ring Motegi in early October. The Aussie met HRC boss Shuhei Nakamoto in Laguna Seca and was told to attend the race on October 2,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 July 2011 21:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

everyone hates stoner

The only sad people who hate Stoner, or any other rider for that matter, are people who need to hate someone which says a truckload more about them then it does about Stoner. I mean at least people like RDB46 are actually funny, life's too short for hatred.

Reply to this Topic
JamesQGM

Feb 10

JamesQGM says:

mydogben

They have signed contracts end of. I would have sympathy if there was a genuine risk, but there really isn't. If they don't feel comfortable, then they're not going to be forced to go, however they will breach their contracts and should face whatever consequences. They'll go anyway, as soon as everyone else gets on the plane they're not going to through away championship points.

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

JamesQGM

Your right on all of the above, however, the point i was making is that it seems a little narrow minded and opinionated to criticize them for making the decision themselves irrespective of contractual obligations. Lets face it, even if they were (and im sure it wont happen) dismissed they wouldnt be out of work for long.

QGM? Being from the military it may mean something different to me 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

JamesQGM

There's a chance that you have signed a contract regarding employment. Should this be the case, would you do 'anything' your employer asks? I doubt it.....................end of! (to coin a phrase).

'mydogben' is spot on. Sometimes circumstances arise that have nothing to do with you or your 'job' BUT HAVE AN AFFECT on your 'job'. I guess from your reaction to this situation that you'd do anything your employer (should you have one) asked you to do, regardless of the consequences? Somehow i doubt it. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Have to laugh

at some of the utter crud written on here by keyboard experts

None of you know what is in their contracts, so to keep spouting off about breach of contract is uninformed personal opnion, not fact.

None of you know anything about how dangerous, or not, it is in that area, or what affect it could have on a person's health were they to go there, so again, all your spoutiing off is uninformed personal opinion.

Whether they go or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether they 'support Japan' or not. What exactly does 'support Japan' mean. Being sympathetic to what has happened is wholly different from'supporting'. No-one is supporting Japan unless they are providing money to help relieve the situation, or over there personally assisting. No-one on this forum is doing either (at least, not the latter) so you should wrap up with your hypocritical rantings about gutless pussies and prima donnas who refuse to 'support' Japan.

Saying it's safe because the Japanese people are still there is naive as it is their home and what other choice do they have.

Ultimately, this is just a motorcycle race. If it doesn't go ahead, big deal. Whatever 'loss' that may mean to sponsors, they can swallow it. Dorna is all about money, they give a thought for little else. If you think people don't put money before human welfare, just take a look around the globe. There have been many examples of dangers hushed up in the cause of minimising loss of revenue. I wouldn't trust a government report - do you trust government officials...?

The Japanese people who have suffered will benefit not one iota from this race. It's not suddenly going to make everything alright for them. Do you think all those rendered homeless will be disappointed about not being able to sit down to watch the race on their nice widescreen TV from the comfort of their soft sofas, or have we forgotten, they don't have them anymore.

You make me laugh calling them pussies. They are tough little buggers and they have a right to be concerned. Most people know the TV program Quantum Leap. Id like to see some of you if you were 'quantum leaped' onto Stoner's bike this weekend, just as it was passing Lorenzo's. Or Lorenzo's just as it spat him off in FP3. I think we'd see some real eaxamples of pussies if you were - you'd be crying like babies.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Another thing

The only reason you are hearing quotes from Stoner and Lorenzo is because they are the two riders'in the news', 'at the sharp end' and at the moment at least, the two riders who matter (in terms of the championship)

These journalists aren't idiots. They don't bother asking riders in the bottom half of the grid whether they are going as it isn't news and their opnion won't get the same response.

Look at other topics on this site which are focussed directly on Pedrosa, Simoncelli or Spies etc (who are in the top half)  Hardly any comments from the keyboard warriors. Mention Stoner, Rossi or Lorenzo and it's frantic.

So before you slate Lorenzo and Stoner for being too opinionated or premature, remember they are answering questions - questions that aren't put to other riders as it isn't headline making news for you lot.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bultoboy

Bravo bud.

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

One comment on Stoner

TWAT!

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

Bultoboy

Nice one mate. Still dont think it'll get through though.:blink:

Wellgofar.........Im guessing you have some kind of deep personal grudge against Stoner judging by your 
"one comment" He must have really offended you. Would you like to share with the group?

Reply to this Topic
dutchTT22

Dec 10

dutchTT22 says:

Stoner is a bitch...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool