Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner standing firm on Japanese Grand Prix boycott MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner standing firm on Japanese Grand Prix boycott

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner standing firm on Japanese Grand Prix boycott

Casey Stoner has hinted he won’t back down on his refusal to attend the re-scheduled Japanese Grand Prix, despite being told by Honda management they expect him to honour his contract and race at the Twin Ring Motegi in early October. The Aussie met HRC boss Shuhei Nakamoto in Laguna Seca and was told to attend the race on October 2,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 July 2011 21:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
701ideal

Jul 11

701ideal says:

No mention?

Why no mention of riders feelings on Dorna website for Moto GP? Interesing how we should all just "do what we are told" well guess what, adults who make their own decision's are responsible humans and should be heard. I am no Stoner fan, Lorenzo is my number 1 but listen to how riders are talking and no major related sources want to report it. Even Rossi has comented on the Japan race and now he is being hushed up by his close buddies at Dorna.

Reply to this Topic
CaptainBirdseye

Jul 10

Everyone on here who states -

- that everyone else is talking bollox is talking utter bollox.  

Reply to this Topic
CaptainBirdseye

Jul 10

CBR11X

'This is a forum where we talk about motorcycles, the riders and series we follow and not a place to insult strangers from across the globe'.

But then where can we go to insult strangers from across the globe!? Surely this important function is the very cornerstone of the MCN Forums 'raison d'etre'.   

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Twat, Bultoboy

:lol: Yep, Twat, share that sonny. You must be from the same elk...

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

Idiots are Idiots

The track is only 130km away or just a few hours in the wrong wind direction. You don't know how much radiation got there but you are ‘sure’ about the risk of the levels/type of particles after an energetic explosion like Fukushima?

"To ingest the products of the reactor they would have to consume food and fluids produced around the reactor - easy to avoid." Oh really? So why was Welsh lamb destroyed after Chernobyl? Why are Turkish dates still banned in some countries? THIS MONTH a ton of mushrooms bound for the UK from europe was intercepted scintillating at 6000Bq !

"People are living much closer to the reactor and not getting sick. Level of exposure is directly proportional to the time of exposure."

No - once more you do not understand the biological effects of fissile material. Particles (that can be smaller than dust) aggregate UP the food chain. Once in the environment they cannot be found/cleaned/stopped. There is a VERY big difference between an X-ray and a  mote of scintillating C137 in ones testes!

"Probably to cover their butts" - Wrong. Its because tissue undergoing rapid cell division is massively more susceptible to damage from radiation, this includes fetal tissue and gamete.
You also do not understand the difference in energy levels between the ionizing radiation encountered on a flight/background and those produced by an x-ray tube. Suffice to say it's the difference between a paintball gun and a .308 - so based on your logic Casey shouldn't mind being shot with either?

I have no respect for opinions based on very poor understanding of a subject. As for the label, What would you call someone who swaps the paintguns for .308's then tells you it's just as safe?

It's not pleasant but it's accurate, they are fucking idiots.

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

The Insulted

"You know nothing of me or my family. We lived through the tsunami and nuclear disaster and were shocked by the dreadful events. My wife was 9 months pregnant at the time so we had no choice but to stay in Japan. To suggest that I know nothing about this subject is nonsense and insensitive. I know more about this subject than you could imagine mate. To suggest that a 5-7 day stay 120kms from the reactor will cause the riders harm is scare-mongery and shows how little you know. If Stoner wants to stay away, then he has every right to, I don't 'psychotically' demand that he races there. Stop attacking people you don't know. This is a forum where we talk about motorcycles, the riders and series we follow and not a place to insult strangers from across the globe"

To make assertions about risks that you cannot possibly calculate because you feel 'certain' is extremely insulting. To make assertions about what I can or cannot imagine/know is hypocritical, and based on your opinion about how radioactive exposure/contamination should express and comparisons of background radiation with the stuff that comes out of reactors, is almost certainly false.
You have every right to be offended, I don't think that apologetics for an industry causing this kind of damage to ALL life on a geological timescale should be offense free. For those without professional experience in this field I suggest an excellent resource on the subject, another Australian Dr Helen Caldicott.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

radiation

they said it's ok cause the took minimum standart of radiation. it means there're still radiation!!! do you dare to go there??? i bet that independence survey land at japan, took all the file and gone in 60 second out of japan. LOL. and now they post "..... is eligible." LOL. it's crazy. i'll never ever risk my testicle only for 1 race. sorry buddy. it's crazy.

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

Casey moaner

Casey needs to get off that soapbox, and stop going on abaout things that he dosen't understand.

You are paid handsomely, by the Japaneese, to race a motorbike.....so get your but over there and stop moaning.

Reply to this Topic
aplayboy2nv

Aug 11

aplayboy2nv says:

Japan

I totally agree on Lorenzo and Stoner's decision not to go to Japan. Radiation is a serious matter, people might not get sick now, but they might in 10 years, 20 years, 30 years. It doesn't create instant damage. In my opinion, reports from Japan I would completely believe, they are not China, their culture simply don't allow reporting false numbers or lie about this sort of things, they are very proper.

But in saying that, I still think riders have every right to refuse to go. In my job, I'm suppose to go to Tokyo every 6 months, however, I told them it is too much of a risk to go, and organisations have to respect that. I believe manufacturers also have to respect their employee's decisions.

People who whinge about riders get paid so and so should just go to Japan because they get paid... why? It's strange you give a person more respect because he is following the money, rather than respecting the person because he believes in his own judgement?

I have total respect for both riders, they could lose their championship from making this decision, Lorenzo is only 30 points ahead of Dovi. It's unlikely Jorge or Casey can be caught, but there is a possibility, as everyone else is too far away.

I do wonder if they would make the same decision if Rossi or Pedrosa are both in the hunt for the championship and they publicly decide to go...

Reply to this Topic
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

japan

dont see a report in mcn saying the fa-goats  not going to japan now what do the valentienee,s think of his desicion after the flak stoner and lorenzo got? stoners wife,s pregnant and lorenzo might want kids at a later date unlike the confirmed batchelor goat.lol

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices