Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP teams always committed to race in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP teams always committed to race in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP teams always committed to race in Japan

None of the current MotoGP teams had threatened to boycott the Japanese Grand Prix in early October because of radiation fears in the area surrounding the Twin Ring Motegi. Dorna and the FIM confirmed yesterday that the race will go ahead as planned on October 2 after an independent report said it was safe to travel to the area. There had been...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 July 2011 22:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
theglovenor

Jul 10

theglovenor says:

I cant beleive the riders are even considering not going to Japan.

show some respect for the guys who build your bikes,please.   i guess the problem is a simple lack of understanding of nuclear physics.....

I can just imagine what a certain irish road racer would say "ach,i'll just stick me lead underpants on and she'll be right!"

why i prefer real road racing!!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

It's down to the rider at the end of the day..

I mean, If he [the rider] doesn't want to take the risk of sprouting another head in ten years or maybe producing a mutant baby further down the line then they should be given the chance to object no? I mean, it is only a race after all!

TBH, I wouldn't take the report as 100% truthful as money talks and there are some big hitters backing the race to go ahead!

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

Temporary circuit change

Why don't we scrap Motegi this year and go back to Welkom?

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

Temporary circuit change

Why don't we scrap Motegi this year and go back to Welkom?

Reply to this Topic
SethGator

Jul 11

SethGator says:

Circuit Change

would have been easier to change the circuit no?  Autopolis, Suzuka Circuit, of Fuji Speedway would have been perfect.  well away from the impact zone.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Japan

It's obvious that the riders don't want to go and put their health at risk. I can understand that and I'm sure mostly everyone else can, apart from the organisers, who only see pound notes!! What does it matter to them if all the riders are against going? Not much it would seem!! Instead of creating a situation of confrontation they should have rescheduled the race for somewhere else earlier instead of waiting until now! I don't think it's right to hold a gun against someone's head and say "you're going" whether you like it or not!! Personally I wouldn't  believe a word of any of these reports saying that it is "safe" and the risk is "negligible" Where have we heard this before???

Reply to this Topic
ercoman

Sep 10

ercoman says:

montegi

If they boycott it i think i,am in with a chance on my fazer..lol

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

A lottery maybe?

As the riders have indicated their objections on travelling to Motegi how about dropping them all for this GP? Then replace them with the winners of a lottery organised by Dorna where non-MotoGP racers and non-racers could enter themselves. The outcome would be entirely unpredictable, spectactular crashes, maybe a couple of new GP-stars would be born, close racing, unusual lines, intersting tactics with new faces and new dynamics - sounds like fun and I'd enter. Anyone else up for it?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

foggie 996

i like ur way of thinking, i mean that rule would make more sense than race direction this year, its a joke, i think stoner is tihnkin about him his future family and sexy missus,any guy would put that 1st, still a job an the end of the day.

Reply to this Topic
JamesQGM

Feb 10

JamesQGM says:

Moaner and Eddy

Why do you both feel that there is a danger. I understand your concerns that perhaps DORNA would want riders to go regardless but since ever scientist in the western world, including the WHO, have stated that there is no danger. In fact, all of the MotoGP riders receive more radiation than the average Joe simply because of the number of fights they take. But yeah, it's probably not best to believe these reports, because you're clearly an expert.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices