Skip to content

Discuss This Charley Boorman rounds off "action-packed" Canadian tour General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Charley Boorman rounds off "action-packed" Canadian tour

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Charley Boorman rounds off "action-packed" Canadian tour

Celebrity globe-trotter Charley Boorman has just finished an “action packed” bike trek across Canada, with his adventures due to be broadcast early next year. Riding into the west coast town of Tofino yesterday, Boorman rounded off the two-month trip at the head of a fan-filled ride out. The “Extreme Frontiers Canada Tour” started in Newfoundland on June 9, crossing one of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 July 2011 17:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Hardly

Hardly Charlie Boring,That's what can be said about that, still I'm bored with him doing the same stuff over and over then writing a book about it......and getting bored again.....

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Me thinks

someone is simply jealous because you are stuck sitting behind your computer all day and haven't left the county all month.  I envy anyone with the means to take off for a couple months myself.  But why slag them for doing what they enjoy?

I was actually hoping for a trilogy to the Charlie Ewan series.  Perhaps a "Long Way Up" starting in Estancia Haberton, Argentina all the way to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska.  Perhaps they had a falling out after pussy whipped Ewan took the old lady on their "men only" trip through Africa.  That was just wrong to even consider doing that.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

X2Glider

UH.! Pussy whipped.?

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

X2Glider

you sound just like somebody who'd be waiting for another ewan mcgregor feature as well. lame

boorman is a little rich kid anyway, give a shit what he does

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

how far?

Any idea how far it is across Canada?  Or how far he travelled?

I quite enjoyed the Long Way Round series.  But in the Long Way Down, was it me or did it seem to be as much or even more about the producers and crew in a van rather than the two chaps on the bikes?  I kinda lost interest after that, plus I wasn't Charlie's biggest fan.

I've just done over 2600miles in 8 days on a vfr.  Should have taken more photos and had a go at a book myself....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Not a fan!

Took the DVD of Long Way Round to the NEC a few years ago when I heard he was going to be there. Got there early with the wife and saw him with hardly anyone around. Asked him for an autograph on my DVD and he refused saying there would be a rush and that he was doing signing at 11am and that was it! No respect for him! People I have talked to who have been to his roadshows say he uses bad language and sexual innuendos in front of children and they won't go again.

Reply to this Topic
sammycw50

Dec 10

sammycw50 says:

Why always a bmw

Why can't they on these so called expeditions use ever day bikes like say a Honda C90 or Yamaha T80, would make it more interesting then seeing a BMW gs 1200 adventure for the third time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices