Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden not giving up on GP11.1 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden not giving up on GP11.1

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden not giving up on GP11.1

Nicky Hayden is likely to switch back to Ducati’s radically revamped GP11.1 machine in the near future, despite opting to stick with the older GP11 version in last weekend’s US Grand Prix. The Kentucky rider briefly rode the new GP11.1 during practice for his home race at Laguna Seca last weekend. But he raced the GP11 he’d ridden in the opening nine...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 July 2011 11:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Halitosis

Jun 10

Halitosis says:

You have to wonder ...

If it will make any diffrence in future what version Nicky Hayden rides. Watched Hayden “shadowing” Rossi almost all race at Laguna and started to ponder on and wonder about how it must have felt and looked to Italy & Ducati when Nicky narrowly beat Rossi @ Sachsenring and before that @ Silverstone and Jerez.

I too was intrigued by Rossi’s (and Hayden’s) immediate post-race reaction in the quick “brotherly love” TV scene in the Ducati garage where VR definitely appeared to have “consoled” Hayden. You really have to wonder - and I wasn’t alone. See:
http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=MotoGP-Laguna:-Team-orders-at-Marlboro-Ducati&newsid=5161

And then, followed by this “defensive Ducati PR gem” to further muddy the water and help mask and cloud the issue:
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/hayden-people-who-think-rossi-isnt-trying-are-crazy/18669.html

Mmmmm ... something a bit fishy in the air at Bologna?

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Yawn

Hayden has already said he wanted to test the GP11.1 after Brno so he could understand that bike. This is old and rehashed news.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

@ Halitosis - On the right track ?

Interesting what you say re "team orders". I had thought it myself but then said, no way. BUt now i think different since the weekend.,

There is something going on , no doubt. Nicky didnt relaise the cameras where there, but when he seen them he pipped down - why?  He's not one for stirring sh*t but he looked fed up.

I reckon hayden was faster than rossi but i reckon rossi would have taken the two of them out before he was going to let hayden pass, i'd put money on it! :doubt:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Hayden and the GP11.1.

Will be an interesting project when he gets his hands on it I'd have been stunned even more had he beat Rossi again at Laguna.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cfreed

Mar 08

cfreed says:

Not sure

I too am suspicious, but Hayden doesn’t seem like the type to play the media or the factory. But then again what do I know. If there is a rider that is hard to pass around Laguna it would be Rossi. I think if Rossi and Hayden wanted to get a message across to Ducati, Rossi would have let him pass and finish behind the old bike. There isn’t a huge reason for team orders for finishing 6h and 7th. Seems like bad speculation.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hayden definitely appeared more comfortable and quicker than Rossi in the race and he had been quicker than Rossi most of the weekend, spoiling qualifying with the crash. Laguna though, is not an easy place to pass at and I'd imagine Hayden just got bottled up behind him and couldn't get through. It took Spies a while before he found a way past on a much better bike. Hayden and Rossi are on different bikes but there appears little between them.

What will be interesting is when Hayden does get the GP11.1 as he was suggesting, having tried it, that it 'had some pluses' over the GP11. Rossi doesn't seem happy at all with it and is giving mixed messages. I've a suspicion that we may see Hayden giving Rossi a good run when he does get the GP11.1 but we're going to have to wait a couple of races to find out

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

My pre season prediction.

Was Nicky will give his team-mate a good run for his money and so far in the last two races he has certainly done that let alone how easily he defeated him at Silverstone.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

I doubt there's team orders. Spies struggled big time to get past despite his big speed advantage so I doubt nicky had the pace to get by. Vale does nOt give up a posn easy!!

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Elbows. I like his style but he's not quite 'there' yet.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Not there yet.

I know but it could be a different story come next year on the 1000s Hayden likes bikes what have good power in them no disrespect to the current 800 machines.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices