Skip to content

Discuss This Stefan Bradl’s Moto2 squad still keen on MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stefan Bradl’s Moto2 squad still keen on MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Stefan Bradl’s Moto2 squad still keen on MotoGP switch

Stefan Bradl's current Moto2 squad is not yet ready to abandon ambitious plans to move to the MotoGP world championship in 2012. The Viessmann Kiefer Racing squad had a self-imposed deadline of the recent German Grand Prix at Sachsenring to confirm whether it has raised the finances to lease a new Honda 1000cc machine for the Moto2 world championship leader. If it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 July 2011 10:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

Budget ?

hope not that Stefan is moving to LCR ... LCR is "non factory model" yes ?
when i look at Elias at the moment ... i would say "non factory" is definatly way back in development and so ... no good ;o\

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Bradl...

Will either be with Tech 3 (in place of Edwards) or LCR next year. Either way he won't be on factory kit. 

Tech3 at least will be running 2012 M1's, but Honda might still be the better option because the possibilities for advancement might be greater. There's no way Yamaha are going to lose JLo or Spies from the factory squad, so anybody moving to Yamaha knows they're going to be stuck on 2nd-tier kit. That's not necessarily so with Honda, as we've seen this year.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Bradl e Dovi

Heard though the Italian grapevine it was looking more like tech3 for Bradl next year but things change.

Dovi e Bradle together in LCR would make a good B team

Reply to this Topic
TwoSkoops

Aug 10

TwoSkoops says:

Rookies...

.....Can't go into factory teams, they have to start in a private teams.

No point comparing an 800cc private bike to what a 1000cc private bike will be like.  They will all start with new 1000cc bikes which will be the same or very similar but development will be slower in a private team.  Will be the same with Tech 3 - they will get a new 1000cc bike but new parts will come through slower. 

The private 800's are relics (the honda is at least), but a private 1000 will not be too far behind a factory bike for the first season.  With a new bike, manufacturers will want as much data as possible to try and accelerate development.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how the capacity increase is going to fill the grids.At the moment it's a pathetic amount of bikes that line up every wk & this is blamed on the costs of the machinery,so are 1000cc bikes going to be magically far cheaper & more available to teams?

Reply to this Topic
kennon

May 10

kennon says:

aceedstorn

its cheaper for new teams two come in as they can use WSb engines remapped for more power to compete witht eh main manufacturers thats how its cheaper for them instead of renting a bike of honda or ducati plus they can make the rest of the bike temselves and sell it on with no troubles from a factory team

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Yeah I agree.

Dovi and Bradl would be make a good team its much better then the tripe what is in the LCR team know.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Hmm...

Personally I like to see if Dovi can stick around with Repsol Honda. But if he goes to LCR, I hope he has a competitive chance of "Winning", races. He has been a disappointment on Repsol, as he should of won more than 1 race. When he did arrive in Motogp with LCR in 2008, he showed alot of promised. I also would like to see RDP back with LCR.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Rookies?

I know that the rookies can't get the factory ride first year in MotoGP, but why did Lorenzo and Pedrosa get on the Factory bike 1st year? Is it because they came in with 250cc championship?

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

No such rule.

Back in that time when Lorenzo and Pedrosa came up the rookie rule came out in 2009.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices