Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi not interested in World Superbike switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi not interested in World Superbike switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi not interested in World Superbike switch

Loris Capirossi is expected to retire at the end 2011 rather than follow the likes of Max Biaggi, Carlos Checa and Marco Melandri from MotoGP into World Superbikes. The Italian veteran will shun the chance to move to World Superbikes by announcing his retirement from racing at the Brno MotoGP round next month. Capirossi made his 322nd Grand Prix appearance in Laguna...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 July 2011 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

Why Loris ?

to quote the quote:
"I just want a good bike and to enjoy racing again."

just try WSBK for 1 year and see if it fits you ... Marco and Max are very happy there ;o)

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Loris

After his little falling out with Marco last season and demeaning the WSBK championship, I think he would look a bit stupid taking a ride there now regardless of whether he'd be offered a ride in a top team or not. Might have shot himself in the foot a bit.

Never mind, he has had his time in racing. Time to put his feet up and watch it on telly.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Good, the last thing WSBK needs is yet another MotoGP retiree/reject.

It already looks like a well paid retirement home for ex-GP riders and young riders are finding it very hard to get a look in.

Now we have rumours of De Puniet and Edwards moving to SBK next year there will be even less room for up and coming riders to try and make a name for themselves.

Teams want instant success rather than to nurture and bring on exciting young riders these days, so of course experienced GP riders coming onto the market looks very attractive to sponsors/managers, but it is a very short term view.  :(

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

LC

Loris has never done owt in the top tier of racing and if he went to WSB i couldn't see him winning races their never mind winning championships as Marco pointed out to him it's easy to just ride around and pick up your pay cheque

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Size of relief!

'Loris Capirossi not interested in World Superbike switch'...

Well, thank f*** for that! Anyone know his address? I'll send him a lazy fifty if he f***s off early this season too!

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Fair enough to all these comments, and yes he prob should bow out all tOgetger, but only the other week I noticed an ex Gp dominated podium in wsbk with checa, melandri and biaggi keeping them all out!! What's to say he can't do the same??

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

you know fuck all don't you remstein?

I'm not a big Loris fan (not a fan at all really) but his 8 wins in MotoGP sure look better than Checa's 1 win so why wouldn't he go just as well as Checa? 8 wins is even better than Melandri and he ain't doing so bad is he? And unlike Checa, Loris was at least in the title hunt 1 year in 2006 and had a good shot until he was hurt yet still finished 3rd. So you are wrong in your assessment of his career in the top level.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

what a load of crap

these comments are apart from Ocdcbr.+RD
Why all the hate and nasty comments towards Loris.
Its up to him what he does and I am sure if he did go to WSB he would be right up the sharp end most of the time.
I seem to remember people saying that Melandri would not have a chance either but he has proved them wrong.
Have some respect!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

saving face for WSBK

The WSBK riders should be glad because the last thing they need is another GP has been whipping their asses week in and week out. Spies really open my eyes to the level of talent in WSBK - it's pretty low at this point. I'm a huge Spies fan but didn't expect him to come in and bully the WSBK boys - he just ate their lunch and put his feet up on their coffee table. Simo even podium his first weekend after 1 test. None of the current superbike guys are anything special nor MotoGP material. For me the jury is still out on Laverty and I'm still holding out hope for Rea but I wouldn't bet the house on him. Haslam is a good guy and has been consistent but not MotoGP special. Look at his numbers compared to any great superbike rider and they pale. Cal Crutchlow has speed but looking at his over all performance last year in WSBk and this year in MotoGP he probably shouldn't have even been in MotoGP. And at this rate he will be back in WSBK in 2013. There is no one in WSBK right now that you can point to and say "he is going to be a MotoGP star". At this point, I don't see anyone in WSBK that deserves to get promoted on straight merit. If you look at all the wins and hard work it took for Colin, Bayliss, Hodgson, JT, Spies to get to MotoGP, the current guys are far far far off. Colin Edwards could come back to WSBK and be right at the front with Biaggi, Checa, and Melandri.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Loris who?

Oh yeah, I remember him from 2006!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN