Skip to content

General Local roads ruined ! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Local roads ruined !

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

Local roads ruined !

The council in their great wisdom have blitzed most of the B roads in my local area and covered them in chippings. This is their cheap short term fix to resurfacing poor road surfaces.

Trouble is they rarely clear the excess properly and leave great strips of accumulated gravel everywhere.

Took the baby CBR out today only to be confronted by these lethal road surfaces. Well p-ssed. I know they leave the excess to be bedded in by the traffic but that was weeks ago. :mad:

Rant over

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 July 2011 11:45)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
drummingsim

Sep 10

drummingsim says:

They're

Only thinking about the four wheeled variety of motorist mate :mad: Most of the guys at the council won't know anything except their cushy cars.

Reply to this Topic
festival

Jan 11

festival says:

roads

if you or your bike get damaged you can claim from the local council

Reply to this Topic
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

Found this last thursday

section of A49 (major flaming TRUNK road) for about two miles near Weaverham in Cheshire. Bloody annoying as this treatment does NOT improve road surfaces.

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

Council

Same here. Looks like i'll have to get the cage fired up and finish the job off for em:eyebrows:

Reply to this Topic
dom501

Sep 10

dom501 says:

I nearly came off

I was having an assesement ride with a copper at the time. I'm a new rider and pretty inexperienced, and was cornering on a part of the road that had just been re-surfaced (road chippings). My front wheel slid out... I needed a new set of pants after. After the assesement the copper said it happened because I was riding in the diesel line (centre of the road), speed was fine.
I approach chippings with a lot of caution now bloody dangerous!   

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Festival

Back wheel on my RSV was buckled, tried claiming off council because of very high road humps and dropping into pothole right after..They refused the claim stating 'the humps are within guidelines.'

Reply to this Topic
fastasfuck123

Apr 07

Chip off the old block

Loose chippings are ok after a few weeks, just be careful of junctions as it seems to take longer for the chippings to disperse.

As for claiming off the council, MAG have some information on how to get your local council to sort dangerous pot holes etc. I think I'm correct in saying that once a complaint is logged they are legally bound to fix the problem or they become liable in the case of an accident

Reply to this Topic
Badgerbanger

Dec 10

Badgerbanger says:

Council...

Claiming could be much tougher than you think.

I had my car damaged by a pothole..needed 3 new suspension springs! Thank crap I wasn't on the bike when I hit that monster. :unsure:

The council wrote back saying that they inspected the road in 2010 and it was OK then and the potohle was new and would be dealt with. Because they check every road (so they say) every 3 years they say that they have maintained their duty of care to the public and are therefore not liable.

Reply to this Topic
Fazerpod

Mar 06

Fazerpod says:

Rushmoor

Council have seen fit to do this round my way....

I've had a new windscreen £70 excess, plus two chips filled - but the worst was a chip in the aircon resulting in a bill for £350 for a new one plus £50 to refill it.

Not happy.:mad:  At least I've not binned the bike though.  Leave the bike - binning to my husband, he's far better at it than me :roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
jonwat9r

Feb 05

jonwat9r says:

the faults

remain in the surface they dont level road surface just throw a lot of stones over them!! with a bit of tar layed in as well cheap short term however long trm as anything its cheaper to do it properly!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices