Skip to content

Sport WHERE IS EVERYONE? CROWDS AT WSBK - NOT!!!! World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Sport > World Superbikes > WHERE IS EVERYONE? CROWDS AT WSBK - NOT!!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bonly1

Aug 02

Bonly1 says:

WHERE IS EVERYONE? CROWDS AT WSBK - NOT!!!!

Okay, just enjoyed WSBK at Silverstone on Eurosport but was gobsmacked at lack of spectators.   Where was everyone?  I gave up years ago due to cost of entry for spectators, guess it hasn't gotten any more attractive then? Moto GP is too expensive too to watch live on site, besides the cost of petrol, insurance, the bike to get there.........why don't the organisers reduce prices to attract more support, and maybe we'll come back....... there's a recession ongoing fer christs sake.....:mad:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2011 19:30)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Twentytoo

Jul 09

Twentytoo says:

Surprising

Me and about 20 others had a grandstand to ourselves. The grandstand opposite was empty. Perhaps closed as there were others that were empty? watched it on Eurosport to see a 'Packed silverstone' whilst showing the pit straight grandstand.....which did have people in it. walking around it was still a pretty poor turnout. Especially compared to WSBK donington which seemed pretty busy....

Reply to this Topic
SuperstarHelen

Aug 11

Silverstone lacks a heart

We get to one race a year and this year we had the misfortune to pick WSBK Silverstone.  Other posts are quite right there weren't many people there but perhaps the crowds had been to MotoGP and chosen not to come back?

There didn't seem to be all that many people there but I put that down to the size of the place.
The sad thing for us is that we paid £60 for pit lane passes only to miss the 30 minute window due to lack of information about how to get to the pits and then a queue for a packed out bus which dropped us off at the wrong entrance.  Not what you want when you've got a 7 year old in tow I can tell you!
I've been to WSBK at Brands and Assen which were great.  Perhaps the owners of Silverstone need to learn from these tracks and make the package a lot more fan friendly.

Reply to this Topic
daj39

Nov 09

daj39 says:

Ticket prices

Having just come back from Silverstone i must say how disappointed i am with the organisation. Firstly only 1/4 of  Luffield opened on qualifying day, I thought this was down to a lack of numbers but it was the same on race day. We spoke to a steward who told us people had been complaining all morning but we could go to Woodcote B,so off we went.Found a seat and after about an hour they opened up all of luffield great we thought and went over there were no stewards at the gate and it was open to general admission which P****D us off as we had paid for a roving ticket. I thought we might get an upgrade so we went over to Woodcote A to see if we could get, but we were told NO.I explained the situation to the steward who just shrugged his shoulders. I don't mind it being made general admission but how is that fair on the people who paid the extra.This was in contrast to the MOTO GP who wouldn't let you in to a completely empty stand.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
magiciv

Oct 02

magiciv says:

Where are we?...abroad!

Every year we did Brands & Donnington, we tented or b&b'd it, and did the whole weekend - it was an event, an excuse to get together with the lads and have a laugh and see top racing at the same time.   Then prices just got silly and the weather just got worse! So...
 Now we go the European rounds of the WBSK, either by bike or plane - I know some of you say that isn't true biking, BUT... last trip was Brno, £90 return flight, £50 a night for a single room in a 4 star hotel, and £24 for a weekend pass including FREE stands!  Oh, and £1 a pint helps :biggrin:.
We're biking out to Nurburgring next month for that round - £26 for w/end pass inc.paddock! Hotel is another 4* at £55 a night.  Crossing £42(ish) on Eurotunnel for a return.  Last year the weather was superb, and the roads to and from the circuit (20miles) out of this world (100mph+ sweeping corners!).  We've also done Magny-Cours, Monza, Valencia....  all cheap if you do your homework correctly!
I organise all the trips for my mates and we've never really had a bad one - everyone agrees the races abroad are better, the weather hotter, and the women...you get the picture! lol.
Before you decide to stay in the UK for a race, check out what it'll cost u abroad - u might be pleasantly surprised.  You never know, maybe the UK circuits will start to put their prices down if enough of us stay away!  I live less than 15 miles from Brands, last time I went was 9 years ago after I got ripped off for entrance and then had to pay for seating (most European rounds it's free).
Roll on September...

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
hoon

Jan 05

hoon says:

spectating

i went to wsbk silverstone last year,got to say the camping facilities were brilliant. but until they get some giant screens so you can follow the race when they are out of view (10 giant screens for motogp) i wont be going back
donington, whilst the camping was poor, was better for viewing

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Remember

that the Silverstone circuit is huge compared to Donington - more like being at the Nurburgring. A lot of spectators can simply get swallowed up in all that Grandstand space...

Reply to this Topic
magiciv

Oct 02

magiciv says:

Nurburgring (for those interested)

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Magiciv/WSBK%20-%20Nurburgring%202012/

Yes, the 2nd race was a washout, but I got some decent pics from the 1st (& practice).  Once back at the bikes it took us 3 mins to exit the circuit, and the ride back to the hotel was at least dry.  We bought the cheap tickets yet had a decent view and a screen + paddock entry (all for €24.50) for the weekend.  I'll stick to going abroad, it's a nice little break even if we all got collared €95 for speeding (by a very nice German on an unmarked BMW)! :lol:  

Reply to this Topic
gold8368

Feb 05

gold8368 says:

SBK LET DOWN

I was lucky enough to go to Silverstone with KRC and got to watch all the action from the wing, but being a huge race fan wanted to go around the track to buy some stuff, but OMG not only did i not see many people (dont know what the official figs are) id say no more than 10/15000, but where have all the stalls/stands gone, i walked all arounf the track and if it wasnt for clinton selling bsb gear then you would have been able to buy any thing, hardly any food stands either.

ive been going to events for years and i can honestly say if this is the way Britian is going then people "put your head between your legs & kiss your ar*e goodbye" 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices