Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha pulls out of WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Yamaha pulls out of WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Yamaha pulls out of WSB

Yamaha Motor Europe has decided to withdraw their official Yamaha World Superbike Team at the end of the current season from the FIM Superbike World Championship. This announcement follows a full strategic review of the Marketing Operations within Europe including all Motorsport activities and takes into account the continuing severe and rapidly changing Powered Two Wheeler market conditions throughout the region. Due...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 August 2011 16:47)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

mcn

has nothing else happened in wsb since the first of august ? get a grip mcn its poor

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

thestig08

actually yes nothing does happen through the summer as the officals and wsbk media, riders and teams all take their holiday break so most possiable there no decisions or wsbk talk going on until the build up for Nurburgring in September.  :)

Reply to this Topic
Airborne09

Aug 11

Airborne09 says:

Yamaha forced the ambassador of the sport out of theire moto gp team "Jarvis" this in turn lost them a very good Italian sponsor Fiat then in turn lost them there wsbk sponser and they hare skint - my heart bleeds nottttttt they thought they where being clever and that they are bigger than Rossi, the fact is Rossi is motorcycle Racing full stop people who are not even in to bike racing know of him who's heard of jarvis urrrm Zero.  Rant over easiest prediction ive ever made damm that feels good

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Sad News.......

I know WSBK is on a break but I missed this until today and the old man certainly made a beautiful GP bike amongst others.***** Claudio you helped produce some of the most beautiful bikes the world has ever seen in my opinion. A true Italian motorcycle icon; RIP............http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/8494-motorbike-world-mourns-loss-of-legend-claudio-castiglioni.html

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

fanny bandit!

airborne you tot nobody forced the fa-goat from yamaha he spat his dummy out just like he did at honda when riders on similar machinery were beating him its the me or them mentality that puts me off him.and yamaha and other manafacturers are thinking of pulling out over the lies ducati have been putting out over the horsepower output to get dispensation on cc size for years and  nobodys buying 1000,s anymore.ps go and crawl under your yellow painted rock i didnt know motorcycling only came in to existance in 96 when rossi appeared!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

yes mcn yamaha pull out

And Agostini doesnt ride for them any more either,for goodness sake update this site its dross

Reply to this Topic
jackp121

Aug 11

jackp121 says:

yamaha

should keep a privateer yamaha teem at least!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Yamaha forced Rossi out ??

What the feck he forced himself himself out after making himself look like a fool sums it up pretty well.

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

buying power

people should write to yamaha and say as they no longer support the best races in the world you will not be  buying one of their bikes called buying power

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

PULL OUT!!

But I bet that they keep racing in SuckoGP! A class where noone can buy the bikes and is boring after the first two laps. How can superikes be more expensive that class?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices