You are in... Forums > General > General > Just passed my bike test

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Just passed my bike test

Hi everyone im new to the forums and I would just like to introduce myself, Im karl, im only 17 years old so play nice :lol:, I currently ride a TZR50 but now that i have passed my test im looking for something more fun, not too much though dont want to kill myself.

The first time I took my module 2 my nerves got to me and I failed :( but i booked straight back in again and i was not giving up, passed it on the 27th july 2011 :)

At the moment im unsure on what bike to get, the kawasaki ZZR600 caught my eye and there are some nice 400's about, ZXR400, GSXR400 ect...

anyway, Hi everyone and i hope to get chatting with many of you

Ride safe, unless your wrist slips and locks on :P

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 August 2011 09:48)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamietardi

Jul 11

jamietardi says:

congrats

congrats mate i pasased my mod 2 over a month ago now..... i failed first time as well on something so stupid...passed the second time however! I assume you have got the A2 restricted aka 33bhp restriction...even though it depends what you want i see that you have listed a few sports bikes... rember thing like cbr 600's GSXR 600's ZX 6R's can all be bought down to 33 bhp..... and they are pretty cheap depending on how much you want to spend..... just rember mate shiny side up... everyone is out to get you.... and windy b roads are really fun :p

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

karlmelton

Welcome aboard me shipmate. :biggrin:

As you have joined the forum one assumes you don't value your sanity. :blink:

Give us some more info on your licence entitlement and I am sure you will recieve some good advice from the boys and girls on here regarding your next steed.

Reply to this Topic
crackfinder

Mar 09

crackfinder says:

welcome

Hello and welcome......:smile

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Thank you

everybody!!

Its such a big pleasure to have done my test, Yeah im restriced to 33bhp for 2 years, but i can still get any bike aslong as i get it restricted and prove it to DVLA, this should bring down my insurance but it doesnt :(

Im looking at getting a kawasaki ZZR600, cheap to insure, comfy, good on fuel, it seems like the perfect one for me. I because im only 17 i cant seem to get insured on a cbr600, gsxr600 or any other sports bike, in a way im glad because i dont want loads of power :)

Thanks again for comments guys

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Well done

Hooray! Another one let loose. Take care. 2 years will pass quickly and you'll learn a lot :smile

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

restriction

Well done on the test!

You only have to prove the restriction to your insurance company, not the DVLA. Some companies will not even ask for the certificate.

Having the bike restricted to 33bhp doesn't make your insurance cheaper unfortunately. Some companies actually count it as a modification and will increase the premium. Price pretty much goes on the insurance group (13 for zzr600) and the bikes value and your details.  Only being 17, I would expect your premium to be fairly high. Have you looked at the zzr400. Its the same frame just with a slightly smaller engine and a so a few groups lower?

Reply to this Topic
drummingsim

Sep 10

drummingsim says:

Congratulations!

Welcome to two wheels and the forum. Only been riding 8 months myself but thats long enough to find out that the invisibility cloak is shockingly effective!
Keep it safe bud :wink:

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

What bike next

karlmelton

Just to throw another approach into the hat , how about a Ninja 250 ? Its 33bhp apparently has a really good write up, excellent handling, great mpg and unmodified for insurance purposes.

Just a thought, maybe worth a gander. :smile 

Reply to this Topic
SparkyGirl

Apr 11

SparkyGirl says:

Well done mate!

Enjoy yourself :) If you're unsure on which bike to get - pop down a few local dealers, see which bikes you like, go home, have a little look at them. Just my two cents, and it's what I did. :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Hey everybody

I havnt been on for a few days, sorry for the long reply, Yeah i have looked at getting the zzr400 but my eye has been taken to the zzr600 :) I have also looked at the ninja 250 but i cannot afford to get one of those, not to keen on them anyway to be honest.

The cloak caught me out earlier on today when i taxi pulled right in front of me, i soon took then cloak off and give him some abusive language :laugh:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices