You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Schuberth C2 Helmet life

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gluck67

May 11

gluck67 says:

Schuberth C2 Helmet life

I've had my C2 flip front for 2 years and done around 10k miles with it. Could now do with new visor, but helmet not as quiet as it was and venting not great in this warm weather. :doubt: Debating how much more life in it and whether to put new visor money towards a new helmet?? Need something quiet as fair bit on motorway on a street triple. Also like the flip down sun visor... Any thoughts? keep or replace?? Thanks!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 August 2011 21:16)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Helmet life

I usually buy a new lid every three years or so but I don't ride every day.  I tend to find that, after that amount of use, the lining is past its best.  Some brands are of course better than others and I found that the lining on my old AGV's started coming apart after a couple of years.  Shoei last better in my experience.  This year a bought Shark - didn't actually need a new lid but saw the Union Jack paint job and just had to have it.  It is very comfortable and looks well made.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
phowarth18

Sep 09

phowarth18 says:

2 years

I've had my Shark S800 for 2 years, it's been worn most days and I've covered approx. 12000 miles. I've replaced it because it's become noisy and loose with use.

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

i get

about 4 years from my shoei, riding most days. Helmet always stays in good condition but lining wears out and goes loose.
Shoei lasts the longest in my experience. Fits my odd headshape.
:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Shark RSR2

Still feeling good after three years of daily all weather use plus weekend play, around 30k miles.  Slightly looser trimmings now, hence slightly noisier, and certainly looking a bit tattier.  Now on to second visor, but otherwise entirely serviceable. I'm impressed.

Reply to this Topic
gluck67

May 11

gluck67 says:

helmet life

thanks all - I may have a look and see about replacing. Had wondered if just me that fit not quite as good as it was! Wife just got bike and went for shoei qwest which seems good...

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

shcuberth

shcuberth s1 best helmet i have ever owned after nearly 4 years stll fits like a glove and looks pretty new still and the flip down visor is great it is the quietest helmet i have ever owned been riding 40 odds years 

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

shcuberth

shcuberth s1 best helmet i have ever owned after nearly 4 years stll fits like a glove and looks pretty new still and the flip down visor is great it is the quietest helmet i have ever owned been riding 40 odds years 

Reply to this Topic
Hackey

Mar 11

Hackey says:

Keep

Clearly you spent a lot of money originally on the helmet, I would keep it if you haven't frequently  dropped it as you can buy the liners new from helmets sites such as Lids Direct. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle