Skip to content

Discuss This F4 RR is the best MV Agusta yet! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > F4 RR is the best MV Agusta yet!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

F4 RR is the best MV Agusta yet!

Our world-first test of the stunning new 201bhp F4 RR Corsacorta has revealed it to be not only the fastest MV Agusta we've ever ridden - but also the most refined. MCN rode the new £18k superbike at a special test on the Adria circuit, north-east of Bologna, Italy and can reveal that, thanks to the RR's new Ohlins suspension and lightweight wheels...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 August 2011 14:42)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

is the best MV Agusta yet

Thats kicking in an open door as we say it over here.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

MV 4 RR

The MCN tester said the bike didn't feel quick,yet watching the video,the bike looked quick out of turns. One criticism he made was a flat spot at 9000rpm,but he also mentioned weight of the bike compared to Japanese equipment. I suppose though the ear pipes,S.S.swingarm will add a few more pounds,but,so what,when the bike looks this good,and besides a good WSB team would easily shave the pounds off the bike with the right amount of money. Lovely looks,good componentry,engine and name,what more do you need, apart form £20000 nearly to buy the bloody thing...LOL!

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Power

If this makes 201bhp then i'm a mushroom , and as for  a ZX10R putting out 200.1bhp, most i've seen quoted on a dyno is around 180 odd !! 

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

TrumpetTriple

You are absolutely right, MCN have never quoted anywhere near the 200 bhp figure in any of their previous articles about the ZX10. In fact they reported that it's bhp fell well short of that stated by Kawasaki in their promotional blurb.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Be warned before buying an MV Agusta

MV Agusta (formerly Cagiva) sculpt their bikes brilliantly - no doubt about this. Unfortunately they are not very good at supporting their customers. If you know your bikes, you might have guessed from my handle that I've got a bit of experience with Cagivas. After Ducati and Cagiva split, the supply of parts for Cagiva bikes more or less stopped dead. Building and selling the MV Agusta F4 then became the focus, but from my research there's no shortage of owners complaining about lack of support and dealers who don't want to know them once the bike is sold, even those who bought last year's 'we've changed our ways as a company, honest' model.

Cagiva/MV has changed hands numerous time - Proton, Harley - with each owner bailing out after being able to reform the corporate culture. Dealership arrangements around the world have been wiped aside over and over. To illustrate poor management at Cagiva: this was a company that won 500cc races and produced a bike that dominated the Paris-Dakar TWICE as well as recording various other brilliant results in desert rallying for such a small maker. It managed to completely squander all that prestige and goodwill, nearly ruined Ducati, then sold Ducati as it was just starting to boom again, all the while neglecting the Cagiva brand and its followers to the point of Cagiva fading into obscurity.

It's all very for MCN to trot along to the annual MV corporate jolly and heap praise on the latest model but the writers also need to take a serious look at this company and its lamentable reputation. No doubt the bikes are impressive out of the box - but history has shown that when the problems emerge for customers, MV starts to show its true colours.

Reply to this Topic
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

crank figures

@TrumpetTriple

"and as for a ZX10R putting out 200.1bhp, most i've seen quoted on a dyno is around 180 odd !!"

You do realize manufacturers always claim horsepower figures at the crank right? That means you're likely to see a rearwheel-dyno measurement anywhere from 10-20hp below that. 175-180hp seems reasonable given it's a production engine.

Reply to this Topic
Desmolove

Aug 09

Desmolove says:

Mono-posto tail section!!

Can anyone in their right mind tell me why an Italian race replica type motorcycle(Regardless of the fact that MV does not race at that level)would have a passenger seat? Now I understand why some people need to have their better half being hauled around, but com-on!!! On a special version?? Is that a joke?? I find the tail-end area very unattractive; and that's solely due to the passenger seat and the passenger foot-pegs! Even if the pegs are removed, you'd still need a cowling which by the way is not offered in MV's performance catalog. That's a joke mate...

Reply to this Topic
InfiniteCharlie

Dec 02

Snorrrrrre

How many of these blimmin fairings did MV make in the first place? OK they look good, but they havn't changed since 1999 for heavens sake!

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

i meant 'unable to reform the corporate culture'

... in the previous post.

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

i dont

really care what all the haters here have to say, i could kill my mother in law for one of these monsters. it cant be any worse than owning an old Alfa or a Lancia. buying Italian means you have to take into consideration the italian temperment. This bike is clearly not designed for everyday use. Ill bet on those occasions when everything works and works well. the inital expense and lack of customer service etc will be well work it. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices