Skip to content

Discuss This F4 RR is the best MV Agusta yet! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > F4 RR is the best MV Agusta yet!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

F4 RR is the best MV Agusta yet!

Our world-first test of the stunning new 201bhp F4 RR Corsacorta has revealed it to be not only the fastest MV Agusta we've ever ridden - but also the most refined. MCN rode the new £18k superbike at a special test on the Adria circuit, north-east of Bologna, Italy and can reveal that, thanks to the RR's new Ohlins suspension and lightweight wheels...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 August 2011 14:42)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

coxyjm, glad it's your money not mine

'It can't be worse than olding an old Alfa or Lancia' - exactly the point. Except you're paying for a BRAND NEW bike but when you need parts or warranty repair you will get the same sort of customer support as if the bike is a 30-year-old forgotten relic.

Not a hater by the way - I own two of this company's products, they create brilliant bikes. I just have first-hand experience of their approach to customer service. And nothing I have seen or heard since they morphed into MV Agusta has changed my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
Desmolove

Aug 09

Desmolove says:

Parts, parts and less parts!!

I for one have always appreciated the MV motorcycles and had owned a few of them in the past. Here you have my two cents; I had to wait 2 months for a damn windscreen that was damaged in the crate(New bike)upon arrival, and when it finally showed up, the new part was worst than the one I was replacing!! 

I attempted to order another one and the dealer was getting out of shape about it!!:wacko: It took a full year and several attempts to receive a upper radiator for an EVO III I also owned.. They kept sending me the incorrect part for the earlier single radiator type! I finally gave up hopes and ordered a "Corse" full size radiator that cost me an arm and a leg back in 2005.:blink:
I know friends of mine who have bought the newer versions and have had issues. This is not a hater talking. I truly like everything about those bikes (other than what I mentioned); from the sound to riding, feel and characters that no other bikes offer!! Saying that, the truth must also be told!!:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

good stuff desmolove

People have got to complain long, hard and publicly about how MV Agusta behaves because MCN certainly aren't taking up the cudgel on it - they are just going out for the annual blat on the latest MV and saying 'what a great bike, could be better but still great'.

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

For 18K so it should be. I have a 312R and it is a pain. Beautiful bike but there is a flat spot between 1500 and 3000 revs. You will need a power commander for that sir, why? Rad broken, paint peeling off the front wheel, broken 2 side stands. Very difficult toset up for the road. However Tambo certainy knew how to design a beautiful bike. They should put some of the parts on the regular bike and sell more of them. Like Ducati were and are able to do.

MV remind me of Ducati before Texas Pacific sorted them out. MV need to be thoroughly overhauled and stop making 3 bikes at 18k and 1 at 40K and make 5000 at 10K and make 10,000 F3's not 100 at £20,000. They seem to do ths all the time. Then they will be able to supply parts get the reliability sorted and make some money to make more bikes, to increase reliabiliy, to supply more spares, to........

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

i quite

like the fact that MV have remained Niche. I would probably never be able to afford one. but it gives people out there something to aspire for. if had the the money, i would have one of these no matter what the reliability and supply chain issues are. nothing like a piece of exclusivity. along with my bullet proof Sprint for the commute to work.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

MV Ownership

I have a 2010 model which I've plowed 4000 miles, has behaved well and apart from the battery being replaced a couple of times and the back break (who uses this anyway) just disappeared haven’t had any problems.
Have phones MV UK on occasion for information and they supplied that OK.
As a bike it looks great and there is nothing bad with the build quality but would I recommend it hmmmm perhaps not, there are better bikes and current fave is the RC8R. The MV is plenty powerful but the chassis just doesn't give you the confidence, being a little twitchy for my liking and constant agustments when cornering. Perhaps the Ohlins will sort this but I think it is mainly down to the geometry which I don't think has been changed.
If you can afford a Sunday polisher then go for it but if you want a bike you can ride and ride hard, then I'd advise to look elsewhere.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
apriliarsv998

Jul 05

MV Owners

I'm very impressed with the honesty shown by the MV owners in this thread. Normally someone who spends £14K plus on a bike would rave about how brilliant it was, even if they hated it. I’ve been thinking for a few years now about getting an MV, but was never sure I would be able to do all the things I want to do on a bike. You’ve helped make up my mind. Obviously not for me.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

mv owners

elefantman re spare parts for mv ,s

ive owned mv s for 10 yrs and still do  never had a real problem getting parts no diff than jap bike spares

new seat for my mv  2 weeks seat for my gsx1400 6 weeks  indicator lens mv 8 weeks  suzi 4 weeks  mv spu 3 days suzi cpu 3 months

as to the rest i think you need to do some reading up

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle