Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge

Valentino Rossi didn't underestimate the size of the challenge to win MotoGP races at Ducati. But Ducati did underestimate the extent to which rivals Honda would improve in 2011, according to Rossi’s Aussie crew chief Jerry Burgess. Rossi has struggled to make a major impact at Ducati since he quit Yamaha at the end of 2010 and has managed just one podium...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 August 2011 09:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Naaa

Thats your shit you can smell as your head is wedged up your arse mate!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

RawDawg.

Do you remember when Ducati went chasing Lorenzo and offering him a big pay packet when Stoner went on his sick leave in 2009.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Gentlemen and zombies

I recently watched the 2007 motogp review of the year and can say hand on heart that Casey Stoner did not walk away with the title - he had to fight bloody hard for it. Rossi had some bad results but guess what? They were mostly of his own doing. Stoner was often beaten to pole/not even on the front row. So one would expect the others - Rossi, Pedrosa etc to race as well as Stoner. The Brits here might remember when Guintoli came across to race in BSB. There was an interview with him in Bike magazine (I think) and he was asked outright who he thought would win a race, on equal machinery, between Rossi and Stoner. He said Stoner. The way Rossi has struggled with the Ducati just goes to show how amazing Stoner is. Yes Rossi was the winningest (is that a proper word?) rider of the naughties but he was fortunate in the last 4 years that Stoner was on the Ducati or he would not be a nine times World Champion. Stoner's arrival at Honda has lit a fire under the asses of Dani and Dovi who are now having to ride much harder and not settle for a more comfortable result. I hope that Rossi, JB and the crew get the Ducati sorted but don't expect them to suddenly dominate like they did before.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Riding Styles

Don't buy this advantage for riders who recently came from the 250 class.

These guys are the best in the world and should be able to ride anything fast on tarmac tracks. By anything, I mean anything that is capable of going fast, not an uncompetitive bike.

Whether 500, 1000 or 800, they all have a ridiculously high level of ability and it should take them a relative nano second to adapt.

For example, it's been mentioned that Stoner and Lorenzo in particular had an advantage with 800 as Stoner only had a year on a 1000 after 250 and Lorenzo came straight from 250.

Stoner has had his first ride on the Honda 1000 and if reports are correct, immediately went 2 seconds a lap faster than he did on the 800. Given his limited previous experience on a 1000, that shouldn't have been the case, should it, based on the argument. Lorenzo has yet to ride the 1000 but it will be interesting to see his performance.

Personally I think too much is made of riding styles suiting this bike or that bike. You're quick or you're not.

GOAT - God Of Ass Talk  -   that was funny.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Iv'e lost my keys again, anyone seen them?

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Where did you last see them?

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

very well said gen and zombies...

poor rossi...the biggest upset of his career..hope to see him back but right now he is very frustrated...

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

Valentino

If he didn't underestimate Ducati challenge,  then presumably he just underestimated all the other Ducati riders who not so long ago all out qualified him?

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Moaner for El Presidente'

Your sensible, unbiased, and comical posts rule! You just made me laugh again..??? What is WRONG with YOU???

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Oh yeah.....

JB's comment makes it sound like the Honda's have had some massive development over the winter? I disagree and think he is back paddling like he has a 1.5 ton croc biting the front of his canoe. Sure a Honda has won most of the races this year but that is down to it's riders, mainly Stoner obviously. Pedrosa had the Honda right on the boil at the end of last season, Casey gelled right away and there you go. We have had some seriously good races this season and the Yams are just as fast as a Honda, look at Barcelona. The bikes just get there differently. ***** Like Laguna, Casey made the most of an excellent opportunity and made a daring pass on Lorenzo into 2, top job, won him the race. But Lorenzo had run a tad wide (I was going to say blew the exit) and nowadays if you miss your acceleration point by more than a foot? Casey cracked him, fair dinkum. ***** If the Honda was so superior Casey would of gone past Lorenzo every lap for however many he had to follow him up the hill. Race craft won the day, similar to Stoner ending up 3rd at Mugello and Sachsenring. Swings and roundabouts? Stoner has the momentum to take Jorge's title and should do as his podium form is his best ever. Where as on the Ducati Stoner was either unwilling and probably often unable to battle close over race distance; with Honda he is obviously comfortable enough to mix it up right to the finish equating to better results for him and a better race for me as a spectator. That IS THE difference this year.... not some monumental leap forward by HRC. Ciao 4 Now.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices