Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge

Valentino Rossi didn't underestimate the size of the challenge to win MotoGP races at Ducati. But Ducati did underestimate the extent to which rivals Honda would improve in 2011, according to Rossi’s Aussie crew chief Jerry Burgess. Rossi has struggled to make a major impact at Ducati since he quit Yamaha at the end of 2010 and has managed just one podium...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 August 2011 09:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

We are talking about this season I think?? Anyway. Rossi is best ducati THIS season by some distance. Given time I hope he can adapt himself and the bike and get into the mix. Better for everyone I recon. I'm sure the top guys would like Rossi up there ( mostly so they can legitimately kick his ass I'd imagine!!!) I hope these rumours about him jumping ship ASAP are incorrect.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Of course

he underestimated it. He should never have left Yamaha in the first place, but a Mr.Lorenzo threatened his preferential treatment in the camp. Recently i watched a few races from last year, and the interviews from Lorenzo. He said something like 'I think Rossi leave because he is afraid of someone to beat him on equal machinery, or because of more money' Estoril. He also pointed out that because he has switched manafacturer, he can always blame the bike.

As for Rossi being the best Ducati.. it's no real surprise. Would you really expect the satellite bikes on Capirossi, Depuniet, Barbera and Abraham to beat him ? as for Hayden, he's not that far behind. The GP11.1 looks like a step back from the GP11.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

'Ocdcbr'..........................So by your reasoning, i guess you would also agree that Stoner was never beaten 'legitimately' while he was on the Duke?

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

no no no

Stoners riding style on the Ducati was definately not typically 250 with fast corner speeds and finding the apex every time. He spun the rear up and left darkies all over the track to get that rear bridgestone up to and at working temperature and unloading the front where he knew the bike was fickle. The only times he binned  it was at the beginning of races when the front tyre was cold. This style was needed on the Ducati and no one else who rode it could do it. It's Lorenzo and Pedrosa that have typical 250 styles, let's see how they go on the 1000cc bikes next season.

Rossi didn't underestimate the Ducati, he underestimated Stoner and thought he could do the same and he clearly can't. What surprises me most though is Haydens lack of success on it when he is clearly capable of riding in that style having dirt track experience back in his youth in the states.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

vmax4steve wrote

Stoners riding style on the Ducati> “He spun the rear up and left darkies all over the track to get that rear bridgestone up to and at working temperature and unloading the front where he knew the bike was fickle.” <That is exactly correct, on the downside of that technique if the the rear 'digs in' you get fired at the scenery.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Pacey, no, casey has had years of experience on the duke, so when Rossi did him at laguna when stoner had been fastest all weekend. Now THAT was a legitimate cane ING!! casey is a super quick rider, fastest at this moment it seems. Rossi is new this year to the duke and is obviously struggling with it. Partly due to the handling/ character of the machine and partly due to his technique/ riding style. Regardless back to the orig point yes Rossi def underestimated casey, and overestimated his / burgeses/ ducatis abilities. But given more time I hope things improve.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

yes it was a legitimate caning, partly because Stoner was completely unprepared for it. Still very sad that some people still go on about his behaviour afterwards as if he was the only rider to ever behave petulantly immediately after losing a race. I mean they shook hands on the podium ffs, get over it! I'm talking to you RDB46.

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

Laughable gas

Four years ago?  - CS had 9 podiums on the Duke last season -  it took the massive overblown talent of Rossi to prevent them getting on the podium after that.
Rossi 'has been' a great talent - now he is just a 'has been'  - all you vicarious thrill seekers trying to leverage his past success are getting a tase of  the 'lame excuse festival' that must be going on in the Ducati garage.

Apparently he still jumps off the bike and runs to the toilet after the race... but only to hide...and you don't see it onscreen...but it is funnier

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

will someone please give valentino a honda and paint it red its getting depressing now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

need to change his riding style?

i think rossi need to change his riding style to suit for ducati but everybody will be happy if he will switch to honda gresini next year...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices