Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi didn’t underestimate Ducati challenge

Valentino Rossi didn't underestimate the size of the challenge to win MotoGP races at Ducati. But Ducati did underestimate the extent to which rivals Honda would improve in 2011, according to Rossi’s Aussie crew chief Jerry Burgess. Rossi has struggled to make a major impact at Ducati since he quit Yamaha at the end of 2010 and has managed just one podium...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 August 2011 09:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

@bikemad123.... couldn't have put it better. Can't see Rossi making the podium for the rest of the season short of all riders crashing. They also need to sort the bikes other mechanical problems. Having to walk back to the pits when you "haven't" crashed doesn't look good.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''will someone please give valentino a honda and paint it red its getting depressing now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

I'm not depressed.

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

*Facepalm*

It's not Rossi who underastimated the Desmocedici or the competition, but these well known forum people who contstantly show their un-educated way of thinking and underestemate the talent of a 9 time World Champion called Valentino Rossi. It's getting utterly shameful! Instead of showing your hate, jealousy and anger on MCN, follow a class in how to control your emotions and feelings.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Technique

Once again another deluded Rossi fan fails to realise his heros impressive career is on the wane. You stick it to the Stoner fans to deflect the FACTS that happen on the track every other week. Rossi is a spent force, so get over it. He will leave a legacy that is unlikely to be beaten in modern times so comfort yourself with that fact.

Rossi underestimated the Duke due to him underestimating Stoner.  Once again we have 'Rossi's ambition outweighing his ability'.

Reply to this Topic
OrientalSteve

Nov 07

Casey underestimated

I think its casey's talent we under estimated. He was always miles ahead of his ducati team mate. Originally I just thought Melandri and Nicky was pants. This year Nicky finish mostly just behind Rossi in most races. Just shows how good Casey really was. Casey did keep crashing for a while, just shows how hard it really was to ride that bike. Think Rossi is playing it safe and keeping it shiny side up.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Ducati is stuborn! Jus't put the great engine in a yamaha inspired deltabox aluminum frame. Or even a frame like the Superbike has, with all the steel pipe triangles. The carbon fibre crap should be put on hold for a few years, until they can make it flex where and when the designer want's. Even in Bycicling they say all the extra crashes in the latest years, are because the carbon frames are very unforgiving and braking also sucks on carbon rims. Carbon has no real live feel to it. In F1 they can work with it because of the huge budgets wich can sort out the bad effects. The Jap company's have copied european bikes in the past and made them better! Ducati can do it the other way round. I am not a Rossi fan, but seeing him muck about is no way to see a legend end his career.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Sorry i posted this without reading the story above, Ducati  obviosly agrees with me:-)

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

PaceyCasey

''Once again another deluded Rossi fan fails to realise his heros impressive career is on the wane. You stick it to the Stoner fans to deflect the FACTS that happen on the track every other week.''

You're a prime example of what I just explained, the fact that you answer my comment tells that you're just one of them, even though I never called out your name.

I like Valentino Rossi very much and I enjoyed every single battle and race where he fought for his championship points and victories, and I supported him trough good and bad days.

Casey Stoner on the other hand is bloody fast and talented rider who i also consider him as one of 4 Aliens, I never writed the guy off even though he stuggled very much in the past, a sort of like scenario Valentino is in right now, but still, I never write Stoner of, so does Valentino.

But to say that Valentino is on his downfall makes me wonder what has got in to you.

He's on on his downfall?? That's some 3-world bull-crap if you ask me.

These are not facts, these are facts created by deluded-Stoner fans that hate The Doctor.

Why? Because he beat Casey quite a couple of times in a few races and one very epic classic. Do you hate The Doctor because he proved you (and few others) dead wrong by scoring 2 championships after Caseys win in 2007? Or is it just sheer hate and cheering the guy who's fastest on a pretty fast bike called a Honda.

Offcourse, it's so easy to write him off, because he has it difficult season, that's shows the low state of mind and their shady and lame way of thinking.

Rossi will make his comeback wheter you fools like it or not, and he is going to fight with the leaders.

To say this is his down-fall explains just one simple thing. You're just scared for another comeback, just like he proved in 2006 and 2008.

We'll see ventually what is good, at the mean time I'm going to enjoy a great Title battle.

E.Z.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I lost some respect for Rossi the way he has acted since coming to the big class some of his disrespect to other riders in frony of the media has turned me off of him. I do respect his riding ability but his ego has got bigger than Simo's hair. He placed himself on a pedastall and JB gave him a hop up their .He has now fallen off .

If him and JB admitted that Stoner did a pretty good job on that bike and the two of them retracted there statements last year that belittled Stoner not only would I respect the two of them I would also feel a bit of pity to them.

The blinkered one eyed Rossi lover's have no more excuses he is not the god that you pictured him as he IS just a good rider that cannot ride and fix every bike

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I lost some respect for Rossi the way he has acted since coming to the big class some of his disrespect to other riders in frony of the media has turned me off of him. I do respect his riding ability but his ego has got bigger than Simo's hair. He placed himself on a pedastall and JB gave him a hop up their .He has now fallen off .

If him and JB admitted that Stoner did a pretty good job on that bike and the two of them retracted there statements last year that belittled Stoner not only would I respect the two of them I would also feel a bit of pity to them.

The blinkered one eyed Rossi lover's have no more excuses he is not the god that you pictured him as he IS just a good rider that cannot ride and fix every bike

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle