Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph's Adventurer nearing production New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph's Adventurer nearing production

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph's Adventurer nearing production

The Triumph Adventurer 1200 is at the final prototype stage before testing and development phases are over and the bike goes to full production. When MCN reader Ian Scott snapped the new 1200 inline three cylinder Triumph testing in France way back in 2009, it looked like the British firm has the massive-selling BMW R1200GS in its sights. More recent information suggests the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 August 2011 12:50)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Tank looks like XLV 750

That angular front profile of the tank is pure Honda XLV 750 a la early 1980s.

Reply to this Topic
fryatuck

Aug 09

fryatuck says:

I like it

Just hope its not as heavy then it might have a good chance of selling.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

the problem

What troubles me is this is not a substantially different offering from the existing Triumph Adventure, apart from the larger engine, the shaft drive and the extra letter 'r' on the end of the name.

BMW sell an F800 parallel twin, chain drive, that's a completely different bike from the R1200GS.

Similar deal with Yamaha - the Tenere and Super Tenere are poles apart, both to look at and to ride.

This is just a bored-out Adventure triple, is it not? What is the point?

Stil, I know enough about Triumph fanatics to know they are blindly loyal and it will therefore probably sell like hotcakes.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Err..this is shaft drive and a completely different platform to the 800. I hope it'll have a nice big tank, spot on fuelling and none of the quality issues that have beset the GS. It'll no doubt undercut the BM by a couple of hundred quid and as this is the only market sector to still move some unit's then it'll be yet another success for Triumph.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

i said in another post about a month ago that I had already seen this and sure enough here it is. Looking at the pictures it didn't manage to pull of the looks of the old tiger 1050

Reply to this Topic
Dweeb

Mar 09

Dweeb says:

Nice, Shaft Drive, and only hope it can do at least 240 miles on a Tank !.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

One of the all time ugliest bikes I've seen in quite some time. I really hope they will pull out some design features or something before production...otherwise I suspect you will be able to get quite a deal on these after they will have been collecting dust in the showroom for a year. Tiger 1050 was 10 times better looking.

And for aiming for the BMW, Im sure on paper they will, but specs arent always what makes you open the wallet. It just looks like a clumsy heavy chunk of metal.

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Like it!

Like Triumphs, always have, always have at least one on the go. But, whoever is designing these poxy looking headlamps (current triumph range) that are probably as ugly as his wife, needs putting down, they are a dreadful eyesore. I shall however being trying one of these Adventurers when they're on release, and the new Honda V4 Crossdresser VFR 1200 back to back. Looking forward to that.....

Reply to this Topic
RSVV60

Aug 02

RSVV60 says:

New Triumph Adventure bikes

I hope it has a low seat heat and low centre of gravity, most of the adventure bikes are massive I sure hope this one is going feel smaller so that it appeals to the short  gits like me!

rsvv60

Reply to this Topic
piggy2

Nov 05

piggy2 says:

FUgly

I know it`s not finished yet but I hope the production version isn`t quite so fugly as this!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices