Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph's Adventurer nearing production New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph's Adventurer nearing production

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph's Adventurer nearing production

The Triumph Adventurer 1200 is at the final prototype stage before testing and development phases are over and the bike goes to full production. When MCN reader Ian Scott snapped the new 1200 inline three cylinder Triumph testing in France way back in 2009, it looked like the British firm has the massive-selling BMW R1200GS in its sights. More recent information suggests the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 August 2011 12:50)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Hit With The Ugly Stick

Looks like a rat bike. Just hope that this isn't going to reflect the actual finished product. Seems that in the adventure bike market there is a general need to make the fugliest bike around and if this is an indication of Triumph's efforts, they've won. I have the Tiger 1050 which is a great looking bike I think - not sure that I'll change for this.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

If you hide the headlights and front of the tank, it looks like a bike made from a parts bin of the 80s...sorry had to post again to say how ugly it looks...I know they couldnt copy the BMW like they did for the Tiger 800 (which I think looks great), but seriously this design will appeal to a very small minority, and I'm a Triumph fan, I had 2. Just looks so top heavy, disproportionate, and well its simply fugly. Looks even a mother couldnt love.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Oh and I was never a huge fan of the 1200GS, but it looks super awesome and rugged next to this one.

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

speedo007

Totally agree, this looks like a test mule that BMW threw out in the 80's. It's GRIM. The subframe is horrid and the silencer looks like it fell off a Russian submarine! Come on Triumph!

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Ditto

Adding more weight to the argument - yes, 80s style GS ugly. Chances are it will sell to some hard core Trumpet fans but this incessant BMW copying by manufacturers is a dead end. Make it new, fresh. Look at the Ducati, way better.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chaddersdad

Sep 11

chaddersdad says:

Triumph Adventurer

Not often I am tempted to comment, but I prefer the 900 from the nineteen 90's and will stick with that and me Kawasaki Zephyr. Suspect I'm a Luddite, but will keep my money in the shoe box under the bed until something that looks rides and sounds like the ones I've got turns up. Appreciate its down to marketing stuff,  but can never understand and feel a bit disappointed that some really good bikes get produced for a few years and then they stop making them in favour of something else that doesn't quite hit the same spot for me.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle