Skip to content

Discuss This Have you been affected by riots? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Have you been affected by riots?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Have you been affected by riots?

A mob dragged a motorcyclist from his £9000 superbike and made off with it during rioting in London yesterday. Andy Burt, 47, was riding his year-old Honda CB1000R home from work in central London just after 6pm when he stumbled into a developing riot in Peckham. The married father-of-two said: "I was warned before I left the office about trouble in Brixton and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 August 2011 17:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pinheadplanet

Apr 10

I would love to know who the insurers are that feel they need to 'review' the case. If they even have to think about this case for a milisecond then I wouldn't want to insure my bike with them!

Makes you wonder... I wouldn't mind seeing these criminals brought to justice (and the bike jackers too ;-) hahaha)

PS - Andy hope you're OK (bunch o'c****!)

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Ready, Aim, Fire!

There are still some wet liberal apologists being wheeled out on the BBC saying it's 'cos their Mummies don't love them and they don't know who their Daddies are (how true) and we should all really try to understand them. Time to bring in the Army and stop p*ssing about.

Reply to this Topic
spiky20008

Aug 11

spiky20008 says:

Fire when ready

one simple answer military curfew and law that’s what the TA and forces are for the police are too soft and are not allowed to do anything, I’m in the forces and i would happily go and get my rifle to stand guard, its a simple fact that these people are doing this because they know they can get away with it but if the forces were on the ground this wouldn’t happen ! hope everything works out for you buddy

Reply to this Topic
Chelios

Aug 11

Chelios says:

Although I wasn't there, I might not be the best person to comment but I'd be enraged if someone was trying to get away with my bike in front of me. Six foot guy, whatever. You've got your helmet, gloves with reinforced knuckles and other gear on. They would have had a hard time getting me down and away from my bike if it had been me.

Reply to this Topic
Antnee_

Feb 06

Antnee_ says:

More on HondaCB1000R.com

The owner of the bike is a member of HondaCB1000R.com and posted his story in this thread: http://www.hondacb1000r.com/mb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9845

Reply to this Topic
hairyMuppet

Dec 03

hairyMuppet says:

@Chelioss

Y'think?  Against a mob?  Armour or no, you'd be dead.

Reply to this Topic
kennon

May 10

kennon says:

cant wait for the army to step in and beat the crap out of these yobs who cares about human rights if there gunna bring the law into there own hands, bike insurance and any insurance is going to go up and its all because of those unemployed  yobs leaching off our hard earned cash have nothing better to do than tarnish the british name

Reply to this Topic
tsuki32

Nov 09

tsuki32 says:

I agree

the UK is turning into a joke, benefit culture and just generally lazy, moaning, ill educated tw@ts all over the place. MP's are useless, get rubber bullets and tear gas on em (the mobs, that is not the MP's) can you imagine any other country pussy footing around with these nob ends? Really boils my piss.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Shoot the rioters on sight, we are already hearing the usual excuses for the rioting from left wing liberals.

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Kennon's a racist idiot

You're an idiot. I'm Asian, a former Londoner, and I'm a taxpaying former soldier, who is now a doctor. Most of my relatives are law-abiding physicians as well and love this country. If you've never served in the military STFU, and keep your racist comments to yourself.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices