Skip to content

Discuss This Have you been affected by riots? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Have you been affected by riots?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Have you been affected by riots?

A mob dragged a motorcyclist from his £9000 superbike and made off with it during rioting in London yesterday. Andy Burt, 47, was riding his year-old Honda CB1000R home from work in central London just after 6pm when he stumbled into a developing riot in Peckham. The married father-of-two said: "I was warned before I left the office about trouble in Brixton and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 August 2011 17:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Shoot 'em!

These yobs were the scum of the earth and deserve nothing less. I watched with disbelief on the TV last night, the site of rioters laughing as they ran out of shops with TVs, clothes etc. Get the Army in and shoot a few of them, you wouldn't have to shoot many before they shit themselves and ran off, never to be seen again. A deterent like that would do more than all the politicians spouting weak responses like squirting them with hose pipes if they riot. They'll just nick snorkles whilst they are in sports shops nicking trainers! LOL.

Reply to this Topic
oldgittim

Jul 06

oldgittim says:

Can we please keep a tab on this story? I am really sorry to hear what happened to Andy Burt.

I have lots of friends in London whom have been affected by the Idiot rioters, which along with a lack of police precents has allowed things to rise out of control.

Andy I hope you get the money for a new bike soon, they should pay out. glad you were not harmed and got home safe.

Tim

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Best advice , keep well away from these aliens , till all their frustration is spent . The worst part is Andy Burt"s bike is probably dumped in a garage or lock-up somewhere , and will be burnt-out when the jealous little shits have done with it . A plague on them and  all the best to Mr Burt  ! .

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

David Cameron has just announced a raft of measures designed to compensate people for property that was destroyed or stolen as a result of the riots. So it seems if the insurance company continues to wriggle out of its responsibility Andy may have a case for claiming off government. If that's the case the insurance company involved should be named and shamed. One thing that has been suggested for the dissaffected youth is conscription to the armed forces, that begs the question do we really want these undiscliplined, disrespectful muppets guarding the front line where ever it might be. I think not, you can train a lot of things but you can't polish a turd.       

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

tockie

we could send them out there, and leave them to rot.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

coxyjm

We're forgetting one thing mate - human rights. :>I

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Sorry missed one thing out - INNIT.:>)

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Country down the toilet

I had no idea about the biker being involved and im glad he is ok but I cannot believe what is happening to this country and to be a biker in london you must be mad. HIgh theft rate, potholes, speed cameras everywhere, traffic and now rioters my word you must be crazy to bike or own a bike around the capital. These social rats are ruining this country as the government and police have the most soft approach ever, benefits culture along with bad immigration policies= one big mess and yes there were white people involved but there were alot more asian and african types caught on camera!! Until this country grows some balls and nails these shits this type of behaviour will only get worse.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

I will rejoice

When I leave London.

My once, clean and caring city has become an open sewer, full of thieving violent scum.

Some advice to anyone thinking of moving to anywhere inside of the M25, forget it !

I have 10 years max to live here, after that you won't see my backside for dust.

Well done all the politicians, do gooders and social engineering twats, you've nearly achieved your goal, the destruction of one of the worlds finest capitals, what clever people you are, you utter tossers.

I hope the scum rip you to bits.

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Read Enoch Powells "Rivers of Blood," speech yesterday for the first time in the Daily Telegraph. Having watched the riots develop I wondered if he had a crystal ball.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices