Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda looking at 2012 expansion plan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda looking at 2012 expansion plan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

LCR Honda looking at 2012 expansion plan

LCR Honda could expand to a two-rider effort in 2012 by running Andrea Dovizioso and rising German star Stefan Bradl. Lucio Cecchinello is currently working on two separate projects for next season, one which includes continuing as a one-rider effort with current factory Honda rider Dovizioso. The Italian though is also locked in talks with Bradl’s Viessmann Keifer Moto2 squad about a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2011 10:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

WHAT ABOUT THE JOKER?

The trouble with racers and their Teams is that if they don’t race for a couple of weeks, having more time on their hands seems to directly equate with even more rumours starting and then being promulgated until they literally become facts.

Myself and a few others have been making and taking side bets on how long it would be before there was a very loud crash followed by metallic tinkling noises coming from the Ducati garage – this being the predictable and inevitable sound of Valentino Rossi chucking his toys, dummy and various bits-n-pieces out of his pram. The smart money said, somewhere around Round 11 at Brno, Czechoslovakia – and here we are... At this juncture, I’ll ask the question again. What about the Joker in the pack – the Joker being Valentino Rossi?Over the past week, you would have to living on Mars not to hear the current hot tip – Rossi wants out of Ducati – and Rossi wants a Honda. Well, strike me Paris Hilton pink and call me Murgatroyd – who ever would have expected or thought that?

Seriously, apparently the frustrated one wants a “single rider” outfit (par for the course as he hates sharing or having anything to do with team-mates) – just in case, you understand – look what happened at Yamaha – a young thruster usurped him for speed and consistency and ran away with the2010Title! As rumour has it, LCR could well be the vehicle and means that the fantastic flop has set his sights on to climb out of the gutter.

Limelight deprivation syndrome is a terrible thing to behold and simply must hurt the sufferer like buggery too. And then, there’s the other side of the coin as well – has EVER so much dough been lavished on such a result-free and serial failure-rich zone? Oh, how it must smart for both parties! And now even poor Jerry Burgess and his ponderings and comments wander all over the place like Brown’s Cows and Ducati’s own press releases. The pressure, as predicted, is getting to everyone involved in this ongoing disaster. The entire shebang is now simply painfully embarrassing to witness. It’s kind of like suddenly realising that Albert Einstein has resorted to publicly picking his nose and drooling. Yech! Anyway, watch this space. Cheers...

Reply to this Topic
maculopathy

Mar 10

maculopathy says:

Full time ..........

are you a full time idiot ? Thought the story was LCR honda ? you're rossi hating antics are for sure a bore.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

OK... I'll call you Murgatroyd but I draw the line at the Paris Hilton pink bit!

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Aquariuos.. I'd of said more queen than joker...

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Why?

Aquarius, we all get that you have a lot of hatred towards Rossi for some strange and unhealthy reason but is there any need to bring that to a thread that has nothing to do with Rossi and start yet another pointless argument? We will have to start calling you Matt Birt soon!!

Reply to this Topic
Serjuna

Mar 11

Serjuna says:

The Frustrated One

being a frustrated guy is diferent from being frustrated at a time.

everybody knows valentino is frustrated right know, he is loosing the ducati battle, as he has lost a couple of championships since he's racing. BUT saying valentino is the frustrated one... just shows who is the frustrated one.

Reply to this Topic
LordFarquhar

Aug 11

LordFarquhar says:

AQUARIUS....

Did you know that it is a well known fact that writing long rambling posts with nothing to do with the actual news story is a sign of small an insignificant genetalia?

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Hunched in a hole

Looking out for Big Brother.....Is that what you're doing Aqua? Jeez, I thought I'd got conspiracy theory issues!! What a clown! If I'm reading this right, your take on the above story is that the Seat swapping rumourmill was going to start around Sachsenring / Brno, and the above is a cover for a Rossi to LCR Honda coup later this year?? Get real fella eh?

Back to topic.... Personally I'd like to see Dovi stay on the Repsol but I think everyone knows that's not gonna happen! Checchinello could do worse than invest in Bradl's obvious talent. It's good news that any of the full MotoGP teams are talking about expansion in the current financial climate and more bikes on the Premier class grid can only be good?

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Can anybody have a non-linked rant?

This rioting and looting in London and other cities - what's that all about?

Why did Boris Johnson not shorten his holiday to sort out the London riots situation?

Is global warming a natural phenomenon or is mankind responsible for its occurance?

Do we need another series of Big Brother?

LCR's plans to possibly expand is very welcome news as it goes against all the signs of cut-backs and downsizing. THIS is the real interesting news, Aquarius, so let's keep focus on the article - just a suggestion........

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

ROSSI

Left Honda to prove that it was the rider and not the bike that was needed to win!!! As he did  first time out. But the bike has to be at least competitive to acheive that. Personally I hope Dovi gets the gig no matter what , he deserves it of late. Honda has a pretty good memory i,d say. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle