Skip to content

Discuss This First verdicts on 161bhp Motus V4 sports-tourer First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > First verdicts on 161bhp Motus V4 sports-tourer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

First verdicts on 161bhp Motus V4 sports-tourer

New American V4 sports-tourer the Motus MST-01 has completed the first leg of a multi-thousand-mile public development ride. The joyously coarse-sounding pushrod-actuated, direct-injected engine is the star of the soundtrack in this newly released video recap, which also features soundbites from the first journalists to ride the bike. Although to call them independent might be pushing it (both are 'friends' of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 August 2011 10:39)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Wow that sounds awesome! And it looks way better then initial sketches. I never thought I'd say this, but I could consider this one. Hope they make the naked version too...

Just hope the engine will be easy on gas...we need to start seeing more bikes in the 5.x L/100km range...

Reply to this Topic
Victor9098

Jan 08

Victor9098 says:

Time Will Tell

Looking forward to some independent reviews, and I wonder if EBR should not have done similar building both high-spec and cheaper spec versions, time will tell though. As far as I understand all they did on that tour was pull up at dealers and let people throw their leg over the two bikes, maybe that and it being US built will fill their books for the first year or two though I am not convinced that they are the next Norton or even Erik Buell,and its not like we are going to see them this side of the Atlantic anytime soon.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Promising!

Had a look at the web site for Motus and the specs sound good although I've got to say its not the prettiest bike I've ever seen. Looking forward to a test and comparison test in this country. They could be onto a winner, maybe!

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Engine Wrong Way

Good to see that someone is trying something new, although I have my doubts about the engine. V4 - grand idea. Mounted longitudinally - bad idea. Pushrods - okay for America but for the rest of the world which is currently in the 21st century isn't going to work well. I know that Hardely Abletoo's sell but they have a huge marketing thing going. Apart from the engine issues, it looks okay and dare I say it modern. Hope it is good and I hope that I'm wrong about the engine.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

NEW ENGINE???

So Motus have created a NEW ENGINE? I always thought Honda had this configuration in the pan Euro,the old twin CX series,besides other marques over the years doing likewise. The bike seems to be coming along quite nicely since its first inception,however,when are they going to give the frame a new thick coating of either black or white paint to go with the bike? That silver,makes it look unfinished and spoils the overall look to not just the looks but finish,quality.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

no thank you

looks very slow cornering turn in so yes it is a typical american motorcycle even compared to other sport tourers but will wait and see

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

wow you can see its slow cornering turn in from a video? wish I could do that no more need for bike demos :)

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Looks good and sounds good. It will be fast enough for most people. I wish them luck.

Reply to this Topic
Mitchyman

Oct 10

Mitchyman says:

O.o

WOW looks and sounda amazing!

Reply to this Topic
redcastle1

Aug 11

redcastle1 says:

sound

The sound of the bike has clearly been dubbed over the video in lots of places, that of course is when you can hear the sound of the bike over the music drowning it out

Why does every motor cycle add assume that if you ride a bike you like heavy metal  rather than either quiet or engine noise

baffles me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices