Skip to content

Discuss This First verdicts on 161bhp Motus V4 sports-tourer First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > First verdicts on 161bhp Motus V4 sports-tourer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

First verdicts on 161bhp Motus V4 sports-tourer

New American V4 sports-tourer the Motus MST-01 has completed the first leg of a multi-thousand-mile public development ride. The joyously coarse-sounding pushrod-actuated, direct-injected engine is the star of the soundtrack in this newly released video recap, which also features soundbites from the first journalists to ride the bike. Although to call them independent might be pushing it (both are 'friends' of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2011 10:39)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Breath of fresh air!

What a change from all the gizmo laden Japanese nonsense. Looks and sounds like it should be able to whoop the VFR12 in almost every respect. Shame about the chain but hey, I'm very pleased to see a new manufacturer make a "real" motorbike. Good effort boys.

Reply to this Topic
Tremus

Sep 06

Tremus says:

Tank

Looks like a 1960's Ford Transit engine to me, lets see; 1700cc, pushrod V-4, blow me it is a Transit.  I think I'd rather have a Tranny than a bike weighing 240Kg.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

redcastle1

Baffles me as well mate. When you can hear the exhaust note it sounds glorious.

Reply to this Topic
derekgfrench

Jul 04

derekgfrench says:

Chain drive?

Chain drive? How quaint. I can understand racers using chains, but a long distance tourer? No thank you.

Reply to this Topic
Tribal-Wolf

Jun 08

Tribal-Wolf says:

Hmmm it looks and sounds good but a chain??? I loved my Triumph Trophy 1200 but it was the chain that annoyed me about it. Tourers should not have a chain, it's just nuts. Did I mention it shouldn't have a chain?

Reply to this Topic
carlthornton

Jun 09

carlthornton says:

Sound like another Flat usa twin .

Reply to this Topic
mattofasto

Aug 02

mattofasto says:

Looks nice to me

Big relaxed engine, decent fairing, big panniers and good handling - looks like a great real-world sports tourer. 240kg is OK for this type of bike. Never understand the obsession with shafts - I rarely use the clutch for upshifts and I adjust my chain maybe once every 1500 miles on my Sprint GT -it takes less than 5 minutes. A chain's no big deal honestly.

Reply to this Topic
gavinfdavies

Aug 09

gavinfdavies says:

looks good, sounds good

I must admit, I love the idea of the motus engine. Most common bike engines' characteristics are dictated by a) displacement, and b) purpose. Ideally in an engine you want power, as linerly and as soon as possible, you don't want to wait until 12,000rpm plus to get it. But by restricting road bikes to race class inspired capacity limits, we end up with rev hungry monsters. But if you can keep power low down, internal frictional losses are reduced, and the feel of the power is reduced.

So I say follow motus' ideas - forget pre-set capacity limits, and aim for feel, power, and efficiency.

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

I'd try one

Some of you guys need to remove your sports bike blinkers?

Sounds good to me (if that's its real sound?), but will it get past the Euro noise gestapo?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle