Skip to content

Discuss This Video: KTM RC8R Track at Donington Park First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: KTM RC8R Track at Donington Park

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Video: KTM RC8R Track at Donington Park

Track days today are more like race paddocks from a few years ago. Find a KTM RC8R for sale. With club racing turning increasingly professional, brand new race bikes are becoming common. Enter the KTM RC8R Track... the Austrian firm has witnessed the growing demand for off-the-peg track or race machines and produced this special, track-ready version of its RC8 superbike. Essentially,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 August 2011 15:58)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shanes

Jul 10

shanes says:

who was riding it ? doesnt look like he has ridden on the track before , if your going to put up a on board vid of a new bike at least put one up with someone having a go

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

@shanes  no idea who is riding but they seem to be catching up the others, taking them on the outside in the corners instead of cutting in (track newbie special) certainly giving it some with the rev indicator flashing all over the place and the front wheel lifting.  The track looks a little sparse and the other riders don't look to be giving it the full beans so might be in with the novices ??

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@ Shane

well he seemed to be clipping the apexs quite well--the others were a tad slow so his ovetake at Coppice was fine given the speed of the other guy----

Reply to this Topic
InfiniteCharlie

Dec 02

At least he didn't talk about it zzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

@shane

I have done a fair few laps of Donington (probably getting on for a 1000) and there was nothing in that to suggest he didn't know his way around at all, given the traffic.  Quite the opposite in fact.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

a well ridden 1198 would be faster.....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

shanes - stop talking out yer arse

Shanes - are you just looking for a rise or what? Fact is you are talking out yer arse. Nothing wrong with the lines, the speed or the passing on that. I guarantee you wouldn't be quicker on any other bike ever built.

The internet has a lot of answer for...massively over-opinionated nobends like you are a big part of that. Whats that old saying? If you can you do, if you can't then you talk total shit on the internet? Not sure that's the accurate saying but it kind of says what I mean.

tossa...

Reply to this Topic
slowy46

Mar 09

slowy46 says:

davevr

A well ridden 1198 would not beat it as it has feel in the front end LMAO (joke by the way!)

Reply to this Topic
InfiniteCharlie

Dec 02

Excuse me!

That bike was not being "hammered" round that track, fact! I could not go round any quicker but shanes is more than capable. He does all his riding on track on an RC8R or a motard, on various tracks around the world and has ridden competetively in a motogp support race, and not so long ago either. So, yes, he is qualified to make those comments and would whoop "Chad's" arse on anything. pearsonsnose seems to be talk about himself. Lighten up!

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

Wind up

Like the RC8, but reckon that the other bikes must have been paid to go slow (or they had never ridden a bike before!!) as this guy on the RC8 seemed about twice as fast; looks like a KTM promo' vid to me!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices