Skip to content

General Swinton, what a bunch of twats Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Swinton, what a bunch of twats

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Swinton, what a bunch of twats

After every penny using very hard sell phone tactics.
Hyper pushy cow asked me when my present cover runs out and then tells me we'll start your cover when your current policy expires.
No you won't says I, and you won't get my business next year too.

What with their policy surcharges, awkward website and pestering phone calls they can shag off.

Anyone else had bother from these idiots?

:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 August 2011 23:32)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

ins

Try Hastings:smile

Reply to this Topic
agenot

Oct 08

agenot says:

local

Must say I am happy to stay with swinton, as in my town there is a local branch, though saying that, I always buy on- line. Yes they phone me and this year after the first quote, I could find two other companies cheaper, yet when I google info regarding these other firms, most peeps said keep well clear. It has also to be repeated,it is always stated that you get the service that you pay for. To be fair to the folks at Swinton,in my experiance, after the first phone call, no matter your response, they then do leave you alone, no pestering.

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Swinton

2nd year with them no probs so far:smile

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance

agenot has hit the nail on the head.  How many times on this forum have complaints been made against insurance comanpies for poor service, cancellation charges or inflexibility?  And in most cases it's the bucket-shop brokers that are the subject of these complaints.

You get what you pay for.  Pay a little extra up front and you are likely to save time, money and hassle in the long run. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

pester me regular...

by email. keep sending me offers for every kind of Insurance going. I was with them for 1 year only. Devitt and Hastings get my custom now.:smile

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Ive been

with swinton for 3 years I've had no problems.Plus they are cheep.Ive never had to claim from them,and they've just sent me £50 so that i don't go any where else.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

SWINTON..NO PROBLEMS

I've got house, car and bike insurance with Swinton.  I've had no problems, they always come down cheaper if pushed and will NOT pester with phone calls.....It all depends what box you tick on the form...

very polite, very helpful, and were very quick to pay out on a claim too.

MAGIC:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Bizaar!!

they always hang up on me when I tell them what I pay with my current insurers..!! (car and bike)

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Forgot to mention

It's breakdown insurance they were pestering me about, the rep was trying to get out of me when my renewal comes up and get me to verbally agree to go with them.
She seemed to get very agitated when I refused because I wanted to check the small print online instead of giving in and saying yes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices