Skip to content

Discuss This Brno MotoGP: Stoner wins, Simoncelli secures first podium finish MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Brno MotoGP: Stoner wins, Simoncelli secures first podium finish

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Brno MotoGP: Stoner wins, Simoncelli secures first podium finish

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner took his sixth win of the season, finishing the Czech GP ahead of team mate Andrea Dovizioso and San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli, who managed his first podium finish of his MotoGP career. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda), who had dominated practice and qualifying to start on pole, managed a strong start to lead, before...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 August 2011 16:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bit of a boring race after Dani binned it and Jorges tyre choice, but glad to see Simo finally getting a result. Shame about Bautista and another poor show by Cal..........the guy must be in bits. Championship lead extended. Job done.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Supersic!!! Finaly. Hopefully he can take a win this year, it has to happen now. Next year wether on a customer Honda or factory Duc will be hopeless. Maybe Marco should look in the mirror and except he cannot win a MotoGp title with the likes of Casey, and J-lo around on top factory bikes. Marco should sign on a factory Aprillia WSBK bike and rack up 10 titles in a row. The Superbike crowd would love him, Marco would ride like Nori rode the R7 Yamaha. Ridding a Ducati or a leased Honda is jus.t sad.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

whemy

If you bothered to look further than Rossi finishing 6th you will see progress, last few races he's been 30 seconds from the winner, today only 12 and 5 off a podium, that is pretty good imo.

Also Nicky had the chance to race the GP11.1 since Laguna but preferred to stick to what he knows until the test tomorrow, if you are gonna slag off a rider you dislike at least be factual. 

I do however agree with you ref Ducati not listening to Casey when he was there, maybe they will learn to listen to their riders from from now on 'eh.    

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Poor race, great ride from Casey made all the easier by Dani who should be shot, had the pace... Jlo did a Casey ala donni 2009. Ducati surprisingly big improvement but you can see with the naked eye, that it drifts wide in the corners and that the Honda leaves it up the hill which means it's got big probs still... Total honda domination, great bike this year hats off.. Nice one simo!! as an aside I have lost count of the number of riders who have cocked it up thinking they were going to pass Rossi on the next lap whilst he is struggling. Bautista could've had a great result.. Bearing in mind he's right behind Rossi and ahead of the other dukes you have to believe that the suzuki is now the 3rd best bike on the grid, pity their is only one.... Ducati WTF..?? Nice ride Casey..

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Dani will never win a championship! 3 races a year he will win with 20 seconds to spare, because sometimes he is brilliant! The rest of the races Dani has no chance.  Hopefully J-lo will have a competetive Yamaha next year otherwise Casey will take this title and the next3 years easilly. Hrc should put Marquez on a satelite bike next year and move him up to the factory team fast.. Otherwise i don't see Casey taking 5 titles in row.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Great race

Sure, some people may think it was boring because a rider was in front by 7 seconds, but the camera's were on the battle for 2nd 90% of the race.

There's been talk of Stoner sandbagging, mind games etc.. i dont believe it for a second. I think Casey was genuinely struggling this weekend and he just rode the wheels off it in the race. He even mentioned after coming 1st that the bike still wasn't quite right.. must of been moaning though eh ?

Unlucky for Pedrosa, hard to say what the outcome would have been but it's unlike him to crash like that after being in control all weekend.

Good results for Dovi and Simo, from 7th to 2nd is a great result. Good for Simoncelli, he deserves a bit of success, at one point i thought Lorenzo would have him back though.

Unlucky for Lorenzo, he would have for sure been on the podium. He made the choice to have the softer tyre, so unfortunately there was an error in judgement by himself and he paid the price.

Spies was suffering so not a bad result, for Indi thoug im sure most people will expect a podium, and in a lot more races between now and the end.

Rossi, wehayy he's 4th in the championship again! how long for though ? There's nothing between 4th and 7th. Possibly Simo can get involved for 5th/6th in the title now. All joking aside, 6th is another standard result. As for him finishing 13 seconds off the leader, i wouldn't look to much into it. Anyone remember Lemans ? finished 15 seconds off, then at Catalunya he halved that gap to 7 seconds. Everyone thought there was a massive improvement and then reality struck in Silverstone, Assen, Mugello, Sachsenring ....
I think a real improvement, would consist of Rossi being within 5 seconds of the winner 3 or4 races on the bounce, and even then, 5 seconds is no small gap.

Bautista, how very unlucky. Gotta feel sorry for him. Had the pace for 6th at the rate he closed down Rossi and then the front end washed out. Showed his potential once again though, much like Laguna.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Physical race.

For Ben one of the hardest I have to say but he did a great job despite not being in the best of conditions at one stage when he closed down his team-mate I thought he would pass him and take fourth position but a top five is not bad and 109 points hopefully he has recovered for his home race at Indy in a couple of weekends from now.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Go Simmo

I thought Simocelli might have had a go at Dovi, he had the pace but may have thought descretion is the better part of valour this time around.

Stoner had good pace all race, Dani made a riding era and Jorge made a bad setup decision, such is racing. Had they all kept it together I believe it would have gone down to the wire maybe with Dani a slight nose ahead.

With the amount of people who fell off across all three classes, there was no certainty until the flag was waved at the end as to who was taking home the trophies. All very exciting stuff.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Nicely 'gifted' win for Stoner...

Now there's team orders Dani and then there's actually crashing to let Moaner win? Come on kid, grow a pair. Dovi would've been under strict advice NOT to pass Mr 27 and as for Simo, he's just a 'so, so' racer now he's 'Mr Tame coz Honda have told me to be'. Jeeez.

The others really are helping this guy walk away with it. Pedrosa and Lorenzo need their arses kicking for that pathetic performance each. Pedrosa doesn't deserve the factory rode over Dovi, no way. This race was definitely up there with one of the most pathetic, uncompetitive processions. Utter, utter garbage. Moto2 was awesome and then we get this bag of junk form the big boys!!! What crap.

Only a true Stoner fan would post 'great race' or 'a well deserved win', lmao. As if Moaner on the 'fastest bike in Motogp by a mile Honda' needed anymore luck than he's already had. Lorenzo has basically just thrown his title hopes down the pan.

"Sure, some people may think it was boring because a rider was in front by 7 seconds, but the camera's were on the battle for 2nd 90% of the race".

No shit Sherlock. Boring? Naaagghh, try VERY, VERY boring. Your man must've have been under some serious pressure at the front eh? With no competition again. A true legend? Lol.

"There's been talk of Stoner sandbagging, mind games etc.. i dont believe it for a second. I think Casey was genuinely struggling this weekend and he just rode the wheels off it in the race. He even mentioned after coming 1st that the bike still wasn't quite right.. must of been moaning though eh"?

Yes, moaning even after such an easy win again. Not like him is it?

It makes me smile though Yammy3358 how you are still soooo very bitter with your digs at Rossi. Guys a legend win, lose or crash. I love how he's under your skin. You must sit there moaning like Moaner all the way through the race as Parrish and friends still won't slate him or knock him even though he's not winning. Then on the repeat Moody and Ryder still maintain he's a God and everyone who knows anything in the sport knows he's gonna come good.Its called respect where its due.  I suppose it would be easier to jump on the Stoner bandwagon like you did this year. Bless these teenagers.

Everyone will go throught the roof for the guy when he wins one, they really will. It will be an awesome day.

Just hope its not when everyones picking crap tyres or falling off just to gift it to him!!!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

RDB/Buell

stop moaning.

Rossi under my skin ? just look at the effort you've gone to, to give reasons why Stoner was 'lucky'. I'd say it was the other way around sonny. Very, very sad.

'' Dovi would've been under strict advice NOT to pass Mr 27 and as for Simo, he's just a 'so, so' racer now '' Yeah i also guess he had team orders to finish 7 seconds behind, right ? You actually think Pedrosa crashed on purpose to let Stoner win ??!! oh wow, you really do have problems.

''It makes me smile though Yammy3358'' Really ? you mean your not crying after seeing Stoner win and Rossi 6th again ? wait ..what am i on about ? your a Lorenzo fan now. my bad.

Your quite obviously pissed off that Stoner has won and are looking for someone to 'argue over the internet' with to vent your frustration. I won't give you the benefit you sad sad man. Funny how every race this season there's been an excuse when Stoner wins or does well, but hey that's the one minded retards for you. Oh, and Rossi was gifted 6th, if Bautista and Pedro didn't fall off 8th place was waiting.

Have a great rest of the day :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices