Skip to content

Discuss This Brno MotoGP: Stoner wins, Simoncelli secures first podium finish MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Brno MotoGP: Stoner wins, Simoncelli secures first podium finish

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Brno MotoGP: Stoner wins, Simoncelli secures first podium finish

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner took his sixth win of the season, finishing the Czech GP ahead of team mate Andrea Dovizioso and San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli, who managed his first podium finish of his MotoGP career. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda), who had dominated practice and qualifying to start on pole, managed a strong start to lead, before...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 August 2011 16:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Brno

I'll never be a Casey Stoner fan but hat's off to him today, after a lacklustre qualifying ( by his standards ) he rode superbly in the race, beautiful to watch.

Jorge choosing the wrong tyre was a rookie mistake when the title chase is this close, he should at least have put himslef on the same rubber as his direct competitors.  

Simo - at last a podium.

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

ducati progress?

i think ducati should be on podium because they had the data last yr when casey got the podium and with valentino, its expected to get the podium but what happened? im not rossi or stoner fan but i think vale need to change his riding style to suit the bike...maybe its not the bike because casey managed to win and podiums last yr....casey stoner is very smart in race time, he knows how to adjust his bike in the race and be able to wait then attacking the leaders...I lot of children here crying because rossi got only 6th and im sure he was lucky because dani crashed out and alvaro was almost to catch him...the competition now is very high...its not the bike maybe rossi need to step up...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Anyways Aquarius at least you've still got your hair??? Dovi isn't quick enough to need team orders... The guy is just on easily the best bike so looks quite a bit better than he is, if Dani had stayed on and him and Casey had gone tooth and nail they could have been 20 secs ahead at the end maybe more, Dani was well over second a lap faster than Dovi all weekend.. As someone else put it Casey couldn't have wished for better, the pace wasn't all that, if you look at the riders further back many were quicker than they had been all weekend on race pace and yet Casey was quite a bit slower but his two challengers make amateur mistakes..end of. Looking forward to the test today, Rossi has hinted that there are parallel programs going on as at Honda and yam so will be interesting to see what ducati have and where the 1000s are of Honda and Yamaha. This track isn;t perfect like the new mugello one was and will probably give a better indication of level..

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

What Progress?

Seriously what progress have Ducati made? Rossi was still miles of the pace on the updated bike and only marginaly in front of the other Duc's which haven't had the same mods. I think it was more a case of the track and conditions suiting the Duc.  I'm not sure what would have happened if Pedrosa had stayed on but IMO i think Casy and him would have tripped each other up and the gap to the front would have been reduced, ho hum, another decent battle missed. Biggest losers of the weekend though had to be Suzuki I was absolutley gutted for Hopper as his times looked strong and as for Bautista what can you say? if he'd stayed on I'm sure he would have overtaken and gapped Rossi within a handful of laps. A real chance for Suzki to shine wasted when they really need good results. Anyway great race from Bautisa just hope the management at Suzuki are looking at more than results. I think at the moment ANY Duc rider would give their right arm to be on the Suzuki and that says volumes about where Ducati are at with their bike at the moment. So hip, hip hooray Suzuki nolonger the worst bike on the grid Kawazaki are back and racing in red

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Perfect race for Stoner!

Stoner could not have asked for anymore! He rode a perfect race and he can't be blamed for winning just coz Dani crashed and JL fucked himself in the arse with his tyre choice.. that's racing and you can only try to finish in front of what is there... Who is to say he wouldn't have beaten Dani in the race just coz Dani was fast in qualifying?? Stoner looked like he had it down from the start to me and i think i called it in another thread that "Stoner would win this on raw talent and speed on race day"... Personally, I would have liked Simo or Dani to have got the win purely for the good of the championship but hey ho...

So 3 Factory Honda's on the podium and i am sure if Dani stayed on there would have been 4 in the top 4.. Honda must be happy with what they have given their riders this year eh! That is what i call domination..

Rossi had a better race in terms of pace... Yes, he was 12 seconds off Stoner but only 6 seconds off of second place which has to be encouraging for him... The bike is clearly going in the right direction and i am sure he will be fighting at the front very soon! Stoner was pushing to the end (as per his 'moment' where he nearly lost it) and i dont think he would have put too much more into the field like some are saying!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Diceman... Not making sense matey...

So Rossi was "miles off the pace" as you put it by being behind Stoner by 12secs but he only finished "marginaly in front of the other Dukes" as you say, Hayden being closest duke finishing 10secs behind Rossi... So, If 10 secs is "marginal" then Rossi was only "marginaly" behind Stoner then eh?

Rossi's lap times were not far off the front pack bud, considering he started the weekend 2.5 seconds a lap slower than DP i would say that wasn't that bad...

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Crutchlow a disgrace

This bloke needs to go back to BSB he simply isn't up to it like toseland, fogarty, mackenzie before him. Dorna need to scrap the token Brit rule it is irrelevant these days all one needs to do is to come to a forum like this one to see that the British would rather support fruity, eccentric, peter pan like southern europeans than one of their own. Bunch of self hating Anglos the british biking public.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Moaner Rossi's Brno performance...

was an outlier he will be back to being 20+ seconds off the pace at indy, I 100% guarantee this.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

BRNO

Casey was on form again...He did well....it does look like the honda is by far the best bike...

all three on the podium on honda...mmm...

Still casey won fair and square...by a mile.....he's so smooth this year....and he actually looks the happiest i've ever seen him....spose it helps when everythings going great.

But rossi definately made progress, and hopefully can be up there battling it out with lorenzo, and simo soon enough...

Once casey checked out it did turn into a non eventfull race...but it had started well....

How quick will marquez be in motogp...a future champ for sure....

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

paceycasey

Yes Doohan did ride a pig of a bike, almost lost his leg because of it. He once said that that NSR was trying to kill him every time he rode it, and no traction control back then to tame that ultra narrow two stroke power band. Bike was a pussycat in comparison by the time Rossi got on it.

Thought Stoner did everything right yesterday but I'm disappointed that the new third option bridgestone didn't bring the rest of the pack any closer to the front. The hard compound is still the one that gives the best performance, especially for Stoner.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle