Skip to content

Discuss This Brno MotoGP: Valentino Rossi buoyed by Ducati progress MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Brno MotoGP: Valentino Rossi buoyed by Ducati progress

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Brno MotoGP: Valentino Rossi buoyed by Ducati progress

Valentino Rossi and Ducati are quietly confident that new front-end changes to the Italian’s factory GP11.1 will bring him closer to mounting a consistent challenge for podium finishes in the final part of this year’s MotoGP world championship. The modifications improved Rossi’s confidence in the braking zone and corner entry and while he still only finished sixth, the margin to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 August 2011 10:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Sale

Everythings for sale its just how much people are prepared to pay.I'll repeat my earlier post , I think the carbon framed ducati is here to stay its the one difference ducati have from the japs If they can get it to work and win with it the japs will all copy it anyway as they have always done with technology.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi - Motegi

He hasn't said he isn't going at all  -  he was asked about it after yesterday's race and said he and his team are afraid of going and doesn't think it is a good idea to go to an area of danger 'just for a motorcycle race'. He also said Dorna are putting people under pressure to go. Sorry, no link.

Can't say I disagree with him about being afraid as whatever the truth is, safe or not, I doubt we or anyone else will ever really know.

What will be interesting now is whether the same Rossi fans who called Stoner and Lorenzo pussies will turn on their own.

I've no doubt the Rossi haters will react to this with glee.

However, if I were Ducati, I'd be more worried about the performance of the 2012 Honda and Yamaha....

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

wait and see

richard 1967 wasnt the duke winning last year with this frame? if stoner had been given new parts like rossi im sure development would have moved quicker than the backend of the year.

not to put a downer on vale but this was only 1 race the track temp was up and down like a yoyo all weekend,the suzuki has good weekends and bad  depending on temperatures if over the next few races they progress then maybe it is getting sorted.but one better weekend which the duke might prefer this track doesnt mean its fixed..

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Cheers weskit

Even if Ducati do fix the frame. Rossi's bike still doesn't appear to have enough grunt down the straights.

Reply to this Topic
davetahiti

Jul 11

davetahiti says:

Japan GP

I hope that Rossi and all the other riders go,I would like to see them donate all their weekends wages to all those youngsters who suffered so badly in the tsunami and to visit those folks who have suffered so much during the last few months and F$$K the radiation!If I could make the difference I would go.I don't doubt these guys bravery,they put it on the line every race,so what's little extra risk?If they don't go they should be made to ride in the TT,right on.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ducati

Yeah Whemy Casey was winning , but no one else could ride it , which i think is why the japs left it alone and if Vale cant ride it its a good bet only stoner could . I think we've got mixed points here actually , I'm rattling on about ducatis sales philosophy and the r and d work done by the team working toward a "better" all round way of making a good road bike , maybe not better but sellable .

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

LaughingGas?

Why are you claiming things whilst you don't have any kind of knowledge at all?

According to BirtyMotogp's Twitter account,

''I asked Valentino if he thought 1000s could do 350ks and he said no problem after his top speed in Mugello with GP12 recently''

There we go.

Reply to this Topic
motogprulez

Jun 08

motogprulez says:

moaner

I got it off of teletext on the bbc, and agree with davetahiti hope they all go, i know if a tragedy like that happened here a motogp race is something to look forward to in such bad times

Reply to this Topic
Desmolove

Aug 09

Desmolove says:

Nine times, not seven!!!

Mr Birt, I'm still disbelieving that a Motorcycle Magazine commentator would not know that Rossi is actually "The nine-times" MotoGP world champion and not seven as mentioned in the text!!

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Rossi and Uccio

Would be great to see these two adopt a couple of children orphaned by the tsunami and raise them together if they decide not to go to Motegi.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices