Skip to content

General What's it worth? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What's it worth?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jimbo101

Aug 11

jimbo101 says:

What's it worth?

I have been looking for a learner legal 125 to get to work on. I only have a CBT!

I have found a 2005 Kymco CK125 for sale but it needs a piston ring replacing. What would be a fair offer for it in this condition?

The guy has it advertised at £200 but I am thinking that is over the odds considering I could find the engine needs more work when I get it apart and inspected.

Ideally I think taking it away for nothing would be fair! but what does anybody else think on the value of a bike like this??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 August 2011 17:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Think you

might be better off walking away from this one. If it is "just" a piston ring then it may be ok, the thing is though unless you're able to do the work yourself (and the further work that will probably become apparent as soon as you start taking bits off!) it's unlikely it'll work out cost effective. Can you say for certain it is just the ring, who did the diagnosis etc? Think your idea of walking away with a bike for free might be a little too much for the owner to accept, there's always room for haggling though!

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Get a runner

Jim,

For that money you should be able to pick up a runner of some kind - too much f*cking about re ringing a small bike.

Why spend time and money on a spares basket?

Have fun.

Reply to this Topic
slider72

Mar 05

slider72 says:

give it a miss

for sure.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo101

Aug 11

jimbo101 says:

Gonna offer nothing!

Thanks for your responses, you have said what I was thinking.

I shall email the 'seller' and offer to take it away for nothing as a favour. You never know!

I can do the work for nothing and if its free in the first place all the better. Not going to pay any money for it though!!

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Non-runner

Walk away, even as a freebie it may end up costing more than you would pay for a running bike just to fix.  You already know it has serious issues and it is likely that they are even more serious than is currently apparent. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices