Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 Yamaha keen on Eugene Laverty MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 Yamaha keen on Eugene Laverty

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 Yamaha keen on Eugene Laverty

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal has confirmed he is interested in signing Eugene Laverty for the 2012 MotoGP world championship. Laverty travelled to Brno last week for talks with the French team owner after he was left without a ride next year following Yamaha’s bombshell decision to axe its factory World Superbike squad. Laverty spoke to Poncharal last year about...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 August 2011 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

Yep

Thats what the grid needs another mediocre Englishman.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

timgsxr.

Eugene aint English he is an Irishman notice the green on his R1 on the picture.

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

elbows

Sorry ur right mate and sincere apologies to Eugene there can be no greater insult.

Reply to this Topic
seamas

Jan 09

seamas says:

Colin Edwards

I think everybody loves Colin on and off track.  He as we all know, been the backbone of the Tech 3 team from developing the bike and new riders.  I would be sad to see him go but on the other hand, too many riders tend to hang on to something that is obviously not there.

Moto GP has got lets say 'past it's sell by date' and that's putting it mildly ! we need NEW talent less regulations and of course less politics.

Still can't understand why SUZUKA wasn't even considered ?? arguably one of the best race tracks in the world.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Seamas

Agree with your comment about Suzuka being one of the best circuits in the world. It has provided some of the best races every season of virtually any season they raced there. Although I believe still owned by Honda for some reason they won't or cannot make the safety improvements required to hold a GP there. I believe Katoh's fatal accident was a complete fluke, cruel to say the least but none the less a fluke. I haven't been there personally but it is well known there are some dodgy sections and places where the barriers are just too close. Going back to Katoh's accident, and correct me if I am wrong, but I own a copy of and have watched every GP held at Suzuka and never once did a rider go off where Katoh did. I can't even remember a straight ahead run on at the chicane. Plenty of highsides on the exit though! It seemed for a number of years they kept going to Suzuka with blinders on just waiting for an incident big enough or bad enough to call it a day.***** Motegi is a real donkey compared to Suzuka and I wish they would resolve their safety issues. There are solutions to difficult areas. A shining example is at Assen. The run off at GT Bocht (the last chicane leading onto the start/finish) was insufficient as evidenced during a WSS race many years ago now. This was due to the grandstand being in the way. Possibly one of the best viewing areas in racing as it overlooks the "last chance saloon" at Assen, removing it wasn't an option, and to move it back sufficiently would have the start line grandstand block the view of the start/finish straight. So at great expense they replaced the stands with a first class structure for the fans and a run off or gravel trap which goes UNDER the stand itself! Genius! I seriously hope Suzuka doesn't go the way of Hockenheim (now deceased in my opinion) or just as bad become a bigger theme park. Oh well at least I still have the memories.... Suzuka and Hockenheim (the forest) RIP......

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle