Skip to content

Discuss This Claudio Castiglioni dies at 64: loss of father of 916, Monster, MV F4 "Shocking" says F3 designer General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Claudio Castiglioni dies at 64: loss of father of 916, Monster, MV F4 "Shocking" says F3 designer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Claudio Castiglioni dies at 64: loss of father of 916, Monster, MV F4 "Shocking" says F3 designer

The president of MV Agusta Claudio Castiglioni died in Varese this morning at the age of 64. The motorcycling magnate and sire of iconic Italian bikes including the Ducati 916 and Monster, MV Agusta F4 and imminent F3, whose taste shaped the desires of millions of motorcyclists passed away in a clinic in Varese early this morning. British designer Adrian Morton,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 August 2011 11:59)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Quixotic man, Quixotic company

While the business and customer service side of things has never measured up, Cagiva/MV has brought the world some fantastic bikes. It's often been a case of the company surviving in spite of, rather than because of, CC's uncompromising passion for bikes. Financially Cagiva-Ducati and later MV lurched from one near-disaster to another, but always at heart there's been this drive to build the world's most extraordinary bikes, and I have the pleasure of owning a couple of them (well, really, they own me). I also have a Cagiva shoebox, which shows the reach that this company once had in Italian manufacturing. It's a shame that CC is gone but looking forward it will be interesting to see how the company fares - will the direction now be tempered by financial reality?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Cagiva

I echo your sentiments Elefantman. He took it to the 2 strokes of Japan in 500GP aswell. Sorely missed.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

It's sad that he hasn't lived to see the F3 become an undoubted success.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

RIP - and thanks for the legacy of some wonderful machinery.  the true definition of passion for bikes.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Here's hoping

those that are left behind at MV will do him proud by continuing to turn out some of the most beautiful machines ever built.

There will undoubtedly be another CC limited edition F4 and maybe even an F3.  The previous F4 CC was stunning.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

What an epitaph to have on your grave stone. Here lies a man who built some fantastic motorcycles. RIP

Reply to this Topic
g2yt

Aug 02

g2yt says:

shock

Didn't even know that the great man was ill. We have lost a visionary. RIP

Reply to this Topic
gavingkelly

Aug 11

gavingkelly says:

What a loss to the Bike and design industry. My thoughts go to his family and friends. RIP.

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

A shame. 64 isn't old these days either. Castiglioni and colleagues such as Tamburini, Bordi, Galluzzi and Robbiano have given us all some amazing two wheel art to gawp and drool over. I hope his legacy continues.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices