Skip to content

General My first Euro bike trip. Hints and tips please General

You are in... Forums > General > General > My first Euro bike trip. Hints and tips please

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hondadan

Jul 09

hondadan says:

My first Euro bike trip. Hints and tips please

Guys and Girls

Doing my first European ride at the weekend. Quite nervous but also very excited.

Please could you give me any tips or hints for riding in Northern Europe ie - Holland/Germany and Belgium. Good roads to ride/cheap bike friendly places to stay/ driving etiquate etc etc

All tips and hints welcome.

Thanks

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 August 2011 19:08)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondadan

Jul 09

hondadan says:

Thanks for all the repiles so far

Thanks for the info regarding the overtaking rules in Belgium and Germany.

Thanks Obewen for the tip regarding Aachen. I am heading down to Aaahen before heading up to Dortmund to watch some German football. I think Bitburg might bit a little to far down for this trip but maybe able to take in some of the B258.

Keep the hints and tips coming, all welcome.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Ribbon

Tie a ribbon around the wrist that should be nearest the kerb.  So you'd have it on your left wrist for a few days before you leave the UK, and put it on your right wrist while on the continent.  That gives you a quick reference about what side you should be on at all times.

Once in America, I turned into the wrong side of a multi-lane road and saw four lanes of traffic coming straight for me.  Did an about-turn that would make Jim Rockford proud!

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

babyrocket

'and still not

as funny as your face'

Playground retorts at their finest!..:tongue:....

You know, for someone who only 'apparently' joined the forum two weeks ago you sure have built up a very large chip on your shoulder in no time about this place..... Let me guess, - fake username for an agreived banned ex-member?. :winkie: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

LADIES!!!

Step away from the handbags.......

OK.. Back to the matter in hand.. Honda dan.. I used to go on a euro trip every year with mates.. Brilliant crack, cops never gave a fuck.. flat out blasting green card mate, was wicked. I remember covering 111kms in 33 mins on the way back from the Nurburgring in '05.. BUZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!  :shock:

Well now... you know those days are gone bro... sadly there's only 3 things you need to remember:

1/ WATCH YOUR SPEED

2/ WATCH YOUR SPEED

3/ WATCH YOUR SPEED

These 3 rules kinda go hand in hand with me not going to Europe every year anymore!!  (I know... shameful.. People like me give us all a bad name.. blah blah... yaawn) :lol::lol:

Anyway, it's still great fun... just not mad speeding nowadays.. take plenty of cash and have it ready at hand for tolls/petrol.. You'll need a lot! Concentrate a lot... oh.. and make sure you have a bloody brilliant time!!

Ride safe matey!!  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

757FLYER

I have a fully laden handbag ..and I'm not afraid to use it! :tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Europe riding tips

In France last time I discovered that if you ride straight through the 'Peage' Toll booth the barrier will snap cleanly off rather than swipe you off your bike. (They are designed to just click back on)  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Like it Kam..

That poor wasp......    lol   :wink:

I suppose you'd even condone such dispicable acts as false number plates.. Followed by high-speed pursuit!!!??

I know I would!!!   :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

remmber you my need a GB  stick for the back of your bike. i did not now this till i got home after working in france for 6months but i had never been stop and never had a problem.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

or a number plate...

with a GB logo on it.Shouldn't cost you more than a tenner(and it marks you down as a World traveller):sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

clown prince kamprat

built up a very large chip on your shoulder in no time about this place..... Let me guess, - fake username for an agreived banned ex-member.

are you joking you silly little man?

why fake user name?

is this your usual recourse?

actually you have continually bad mouthed a very good mate of mine, with your pathetic haribo comments, so much so that he has now left the forum, but thats ok because its kamprat doing the jesting, well its not funny anymore, so run along you silly little man,leave it as it is i shall not reply to any further sly digs at decent people, not much else to say really only that you are truly the king of tossers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle