Skip to content

Discuss This New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked

These are the first photos of Honda’s 2012 Fireblade. Besides the new angular styling, the bike has Big Piston Forks, new rear suspension, new clocks and lightweight wheels. Those hoping for a V4 will be disappointed, as the engine appears almost identical to this year’s model. Also, there are no signs of any traction control – the switchgear has no extra...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 August 2011 17:57)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MCNJohnWestlake

Dec 09

Fake or not?

I am utterly convinced this is not a fake. We've got some more photos of the Big Piston Forks and a video from the Hong Kong dealer where the bike is being displayed - we'll get them up ASAP

Reply to this Topic
singh600rr

Jun 08

singh600rr says:

Not radically different enough

This is just a face lifted current model (if true).

Very similar to current 2011 blade - just a few cosmetic tweeks by the looks of it.

A pic of the dials would have been nice

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

its not a fake

i seen the video so my apologies MCN...

Reply to this Topic
glentraman

Mar 05

glentraman says:

new fireblade

if this is the new fireblade then honda i am dissappointed, slightly revised front fairing and clocks wow that's worth trading in a 2011 fireblade for.  there are better bikes out there currently now  and probably more so next year with suzuki's new thou. come on honda maybe you should bring back tadao baba.

Reply to this Topic
den420

Jul 11

den420 says:

BOOOOOOO!

Dude, don't get me wrong, i'm a huge Fireblade fan but this?! I mean, everyone is expecting a V4 engine w/ all the advance electronics today. This is a big HELL NO! What in the world happened to Honda?! Sigh.. I was expecting something more like this http://www.daidalgas.com/wp/honda-rcv-1000-concept-cbr-1000-2011/ (Guys, check that out). This is soooo disappointing...

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

The honda is so well mannered that it shouldn't need fashionable rider-aids. Only if they ever put more power in it.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

My Thoughts

@ glentrman, You make a very valid point re Tadao Baba, worth a mention again. The guy was is a legend.

This new blade is better looking than the current one, which aint bad in my opinion. This new one is a lot sharper but we knew changes were going to be minor for 2012.

However. the new fireblade could have enough small tweeks to make it an even better bike ? BUT,  IF rumours are true and the engine remains the same as the current model, its NOT the bike that will give Honda the WSBK title. Will still be a fantastic road bike, no question.

I reckon Honda have another bike for WSBK in 2012 myself and we just dont now about it yet? Maybe there is a V4 because the timeline to other stuff knocking about is just right. I cant go into detail (long winded) but there has to be another bike in their new "family" of machines for 2012. I think so anyway.

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

should go better tahn  it looks ....shouldnt be hard its bland

Reply to this Topic
phornsey

Nov 09

phornsey says:

I really hope this is just another hoax about the 2012 bike

Unless this is 3k cheaper than the 1000rr or the ZX-10 they wont sell, people buying 13k bikes these days want abs, traction control. anti wheelie etc etc .

I really thought honda would have come out with something really special to compete with the competition, if this is their effort its going to leave them a long way behind by next year, as a lifelong honda fan this seems like a really tame effort

Reply to this Topic
TrackAce

Aug 11

TrackAce says:

This is so fake.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool