Skip to content

Discuss This New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked

These are the first photos of Honda’s 2012 Fireblade. Besides the new angular styling, the bike has Big Piston Forks, new rear suspension, new clocks and lightweight wheels. Those hoping for a V4 will be disappointed, as the engine appears almost identical to this year’s model. Also, there are no signs of any traction control – the switchgear has no extra...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 August 2011 17:57)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

yep hope they have something up their sleeve, cause launching a new model that is way behind previous launches by competition certainly wont sell them a ton of bikes. Looks good though.

Reply to this Topic
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

not a fake

This definitely isn't a fake, I saw a lengthy video in a showroom over at roadracingworld.com that shows tons of detail. Pretty disappointing refresh for last years bike, looks pretty much the same. My guess is Honda will be releasing an RC-something in small numbers for big $ to compete WSBK and for CRT MotoGP teams. There's now way the CBR1000 has a chance in hell of competing in SBK though, they're nowwhere this year.

Reply to this Topic
TrackAce

Aug 11

TrackAce says:

Wow, 4 years later and they've changed the lights a little bit. What other people have said is right, this will struggle in Superbikes, and Superstock more so. Tame effort all round,  they might sell a few to die-hard honda fans, but not many....... Although the 916 lasted a long time with the same design.....

Reply to this Topic
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

2012 Blade

I think it is  gorgeous

Reply to this Topic
happybollocks

Aug 11

Went to check it out!

I live just by there and I went to the dealer to check it out! I took a sneaky video of it too! No price available or when it is out officially but it is sitting there in the showroom right now!

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

They've done all the things already done on an existing Fireblade converted for racing. Racers wouldn't buy this. 

Reply to this Topic
monty1977

Dec 09

monty1977 says:

really

it seems odd that honda would put one in a showroom like that, before any press release, or info to the uk dealerships,i spoke to my local dealer and they knew nothing about it! I hope its fake or a dealer mod as this just isnt good enough, i have a 2010 blade and will not be buying a 2012 if thats all they come up with. come on honda your so much better than this!!!

Reply to this Topic
keyboardwarrior

Sep 09

specs

Anyone know the fulls specs of this vs. the 2011 one? (power weight etc..)

Forks look like the same ones on the GSXR (gas type)

Lightweight wheels and a new digital dash with a restyled nose and lights and that looks like that is all Honda have come up with? where is the V4?

I think some deals on the old stock are right around the corner.

I have a 2007 HRC Blade I have owned from new and was gonna skip a generation for the all new 2012 model but now methinks I may aswell get a low millage 2009-2011 one and save some money.

Fank Yu.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

is it jus"t me? WSBK is getting boring too? Seeing Nori muck about on a semi factory Aprillia! Yes Aprillia does not give 41 the same ride as Max and Leon. But Nori is not even trying to prove em wrong. Haga is my favorite rider ever, and he wil be. But on a Yamaha R7, such a stiff frame and on the front wheel that even Randy Mamola said(Only Noriyuki Haga can ride this R7) 41 rules

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices