You are in... Forums > General > General > Mickey Oates Glasgow

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mcmahonj

Jul 07

mcmahonj says:

Mickey Oates Glasgow

Just thought i would warn anyone thinking about using Mickey Oates Suzuzki Dealership in Glasgow, I recently dropped off my wheels to have tyres fitted, i also asked if the could remove 3 stripped sprocket bolts, i was told this wouldn't be a problem and there would be no charge, a short time later they phoned me and said that all 6 bolts and studs where damaged which was bollocks as i had managed to tighten 3 of them to the correct torque setting and that it would cost me £115 for them to supply and fit them! I told them to order the parts and i would do the work myself which took 10 minutes not an hours worth of labour that they tried to charge. I went and picked up the wheels with new tyres fitted and noticed when i got home that the front wheels paint was badly damaged, when i phoned them they of course totally denied it was them that had caused the damage and i was told in a roundabout way to fuck off. I have just about calmed down now but will never use their services again and would discourage anyone else from using them

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 August 2011 21:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

mcmahoni

sorry hear that yer had bad experience with mom. I normal get them service my bike no problems with them. My worst experience was Jim allans!:mad:never again 

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Mickey Oates

Sorry to hear about your experience, but I had my bike collected/returned and serviced by them complete with a new rear tyre and a rectifier changed yesterday (under warranty without needing to ask).

It's the first time I'd used them but they were cheaper than the quotes I got from North Harbour, Jim Allan, and Cupar so I decided to give them a try and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised.

The real test will come at the weekend when I put some miles on and scrub in the tyre, but if the bike falls apart then I'll be sure to let you know lol

Reply to this Topic
r1bla

Aug 11

r1bla says:

MOM

I will never use MOM - I've never had any bike work done there, but been in and had to buy some parts from them and found the service and attitude to be poor, as if they where really reluctant to sell me replacement leavers for my GSX 1400 because I wasn't having them fitted there, Maybe I shouldn't have told them I use an indipendant motorcycle service centre not too far from MOM.

Reply to this Topic
dave80h

Oct 08

dave80h says:

MOM

Sorry you had a bad experience with them. I certainly have  nothing but good reports to say about Mickey Oates. I have bought motox bikes from them and had new tyres for my zx6 fitted by them and they have been nothing but friendly and very pleasant and more than competant. Also the deals they were doing on some GSXRs seemed very reasonable. Sadly with these things everyone has different experiences and if you have a bad one I can imagine it may leave a bit of a bitter taste. Better luck next time with where ever you take the bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices